on 25 January 2015
Ignore the silly reviews below which make no sense.. These headphones are really sturdy and they come with foam inserts along with the silicon inserts and they fit in my ear perfectly. They play super clear music and when you turn the volume up the sound quality doesn't change. This headphones really are the best. They have a very nice deep bass (the amount of bass you receive will vary on the song you are listening), the mids are extremely clear, and the highs are excellent as well. You can hear every detail of the song. I would recommend these for anybody!
on 15 July 2015
I have owned these for almost 2 years now - I use them cycling to work, so they have been out in every weather and have to put up with some rough treatment. They are still going strong: the switch works with the iPhone and the sound quality is excellent - as good or better than others I have tried that were more expensive. The flat cable avoids tangles; it is usefully long - not excessively so - and it is not as heavy as others in my experience.
on 20 September 2013
JBL J33i headphones.

After more then 20 years as a happy owner of JBL speakers, it was with average expectation I bought the JBL J33i headphones. The sound quality is as expected, it is rather good, but beside that, the overall product experience is no less than very disappointing.

J33i is a classic example of a product being produced in the development department, and being released before it has been field-tested.
- The length of the wires is totally off, unless your head if 100% bigger then average and you have your iPhone in your boots. Lots of experiences has been done in this field, why not learn from that.
- The wire is way too heavy, I appreciate that it is a strong wire that can take a beating, but this is overkill, it is to heavy and to stiff to be held by the headphones
- The clip that comes to hold the wire attached to your shirt, was obviously not designed for the wire, the wire will not stay in the clip, and the clip is necessary to use the headphones, because of the heavy wire.
- The design of the in-ear unit, is to long, it sticks so far out of the ear that it is really hard to keep then in the ear because of the heavy weight of the wire, no matter what rubber you use on the headphone.
- The worst problem with the J33i is the wire noise, any movement that makes the wire touch you shirt, jacket or beard goes directly in the headphones, it is almost like the nois is being amplified. This is only made worse by the heavy wire and the microphone. The microphone is a noise generator on it own, shake it a bit and you can hear the buttons are loose, this again goes on to the wire and to the headphones.
- The packaging of the headphones, was done so tight that, it is impossible to straighten the wire after you have unpacked the headphones. This problem, is amplified by the thick heavy wire.

If you only use J33i at home, sitting still listening to music, the headphones work just fine, but if that is you wanted application, you would probably buy over or on ear headphones, which I really wish I had done instead.

I am extremely disappointed, I did not expect the best headphones in the world at around 100 UDS, but I certainly did not expect the worst either.
on 12 April 2015
Sound ok but poorly made, the ends came off both earpieces which are larger than expected. The cable doesn't feel nice, and doesn't hang freely. The earpieces and jack are both of cheap looking plastic, barely worth £18 which is what I paid for them let alone the RRP. Sorry, but I'll be sticking to Sennheiser or AKG in future.
review image
on 2 May 2015
Disappointed. The Quality of the ear plugs is good but the design is poor. Plugs wont settle in your ears easily, remote being so heavy and the flat heavy wiring adds more weight to it. Not practically possible to use it while walking or running. Buds covering the plugs are too small, keep coming off unless u hold the remote in your hand.
on 27 August 2013
I bought this pair of headphones because I had purchased a pair before which I had unfortunataly damaged. I was seriously impressed with the sound quality of the original pair after they had a little time settling in. I have previously owned headphones from Bose, Beats in ear and on ear headphones and the original pair of jbl matches the base and mids of the higher priced headphones easily. However, before I had settled the new pair in, one of the earpieces developed a fault in which the sound was cutting in and out. No problem with the iPhone. Problem with the headphones and unfortunately lost delivery receipts. So 60 odd quid down the drain. Gutted!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 December 2014
Really crap. I had read reviews on the quality, but that's only if you are standing still. Move, and they fall out, regardless of which buds you use.

Also, the volume buttons don't work so that is a feature that I've probably paid for that I won't ever get to benefit from.

Stay away.
on 30 January 2013
I purchased these headphones as I want something small but with good quality when commuting. I previoiusly owned iBeats by Dre but was disappointed with the product as the headphones are too heavy and kept coming off my ears. The sound quality is not even worth the price I paid for.

Having been using JBL J33i for two days so far and I am very happy with the product. The silicone sleeves are very comfortable. The sound is clear, bass is firm and not too extravagant. I also own Bose Noise Cancelling headphones which are much more expensive but deliver the similar performance. I can't spot much difference between these two.

The mic/remote also works perfectly with iPhone as advertised. Beware, the headphones are designed for iPhone, so may not work well with other manufacturers.

Overall, I recommend this product.
on 12 August 2013
The cables are heavy, and this is the reason you feel some pain in the ear as you use it long time. The sound is good, but also the earsbuds do not fit well.
on 21 June 2014
They sound okay but the build quality isn't up to much - both plastic earpiece logos have fallen out after a few days