on 16 April 2012
This is a great practical guide for anyone interested in understanding the basics of business. Written in plain and simple English, it's easy to follow and laid out in a clear and logical way so you can easily see how each topic relates to the other key topics in business.

It's a very comprehensive and thorough book which allows you to build on what you know, while giving you a roadmap to follow and see where potential holes in your understanding may exist. The book gives a terrific overview of business in bite-sized self contained chapters, so you can drop in and out at will.

What I love most about the Personal MBA is that it doesn't fail to deliver on it's promise of practical, common-sense based business insights that anyone can understand and use. This book is rich in practical ideas drawing from an extensive number of diverse sources. It's well worth the cost as I feel I have a real treasure on hand with this book. I highly recommend it.
4 people found this helpful
on 3 June 2016
I bought a second copy of this book as it 'vanished' after lending it to a friend!
The book is organised in short easy to read sections; it's easy to thumb through and logically arranged.
It's one of the most useful books I have read.
on 30 March 2018
This is more of a personnel self help book. Very little on business knowledge. Misleading title. Very disappointing.
One person found this helpful
on 6 October 2013
Really useful book, but in the end like a lot of things in life, one needs to practice it, and before you do that, you really do need to study it, not just read through it. As I have only recently started up my business I have lots to learn so I keep this book close at hand to refer to. I am slowly creating a vision of how business operates and know that there is a lot more to it than meets the eye. No matter what an MBA takes 18months or more to get your head around.
4 people found this helpful
on 24 March 2013
I bought the book because I first heard the writer narrate the book on Amazon Audible (Audible is a rubbish service by the way).

I personally gained a lot from the material, have worked in management for some years, there is still a lot to learn.

I read some unfavourable reviews, and I think some were harsh, as this is just another persons opinion on how to understand business.
on 20 July 2017
great read, interesting point of view
One person found this helpful
on 7 December 2014
About 70% through but already proven very useful. It gives you good insight on the workings of a business and a lot of it is very practical. The chapters are small and focused on a specific subject, I really liked the quote at the start of each chapter.
on 13 August 2015
I only read business autobiographies or business theory books. And this book is a top top book. Detailed enough coverage of major topic points so that you get the idea and theory, if it related to your goals or business, you can easily Google for further research. Gives you confidence knowing the coverage areas. Top book
on 28 September 2011
The purpose of this book is not to go deep in business knowledge but to provide a solid basis in the overall concepts and skills needed to succeed as well as providing the reader with the next steps to follow.

Great book, highly recommended for everyone willing to introduce himself into business aspects.
on 8 March 2018