Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 August 2016
5 STEP LADDER REVIEW

1/ This set of step ladders is sold with UK delivery included in the cost so I was surprised when the ladders were delivered quickly, ahead of the quoted date in a total of 5 days including order and delivery day with a weekend in the middle of that. So fast prompt delivery. Reasonably well protected and the packaging was easily removed.

3/ The ladders themselves are reasonably solid. Heavy enough to give me confidence that they are not going to collapse underneath me
but not enough to believe that they will not tip over

4/ They are made of a rectangular tubular metal which gives strength to the structure.

5/ All the welds / joints are neat tidy and as best I can tell properly done.

6/ The folding mechanism is effective but being brand new were a little stiff. I have given them a good dose of a combination of WD 40 and a silicon spray. This loosened slightly but only opening and closing will do the job as joints was slightly.

7/ The one thing I do not like are the end covers / feet. They consist or very, I consider, lightweight plastic rubberised grommets and I will be replacing them with walking stick grommets or similar at the very first chance I get. The big problem here is the rectangular design. Although I have encountered this problem before, I have yet to find grommets suitable for replacement

8/ The treads are suitable for my UK size 10 feet and the material is not nasty under my bare foot, even providing a little grip. They are not slippy. All that said, I would be disinclined to use the top two of the five steps, I think it would be very easy to overbalance. Stick to the third of the steps using the top as a convenient hand hold.

9/ All of that said, They fold into a slender profile so store nicely, in our case under the stair. These steps at £41.99 delivered, represent decent but not brilliant value on an internet basis. Other internet buys are fairly comparable.

10/ High street costs however are considerably more expensive. These ladders are only suitable for infrequent and lightweight tasks, changing a lightbulb, storing lightweight gear on top of wardrobes etc.

11/ I would not recommend moving anything heavy or awkward on these due to the perceived tipping factor. They will however be of great use to me when hanging wallpaper, lightweight and easy to manipulate.

12/ OVERALL, these stepladders are fairly reasonable for the cost and give me the impression of lasting for a reasonable amount of time before they will need replacing, probably due to missing grommets or twisting at the top step folding joint.

10/ If you have found this review helpful PLEASE CLICK ON THE HELPFUL REVIEW BUTTON. THANK YOU
on 20 June 2017
NOT GREAT QUALITY, BUT DOES THE JOB. OVERALL SATISFIED WITH THE PURCHASE, BUT I THINK IT HAS BEEN OVERPRICED IN TERMS OF PRODUCT QUALITY AS IT IS NOT A STURDY LADDER, VERY LIGHT WEIGHT THAT IT WOBBLES WHEN ONE IS ON TOP AND I HAVE TO ALWAYS ASK SOMEONE TO HOLD THE LADDER FOR ME AS IT IS NOT STABLE AT ALL. OVERALL QUITE DISAPPOINTED
on 15 June 2017
Arrived on time and really robust
on 11 July 2015
5 star strong stand. no problem
on 31 May 2013
Purchased to replace a set of steps at least 30 years old. I am really pleased with the new 5 step aluminium ladder. The steps are well made, very safe and sturdy, and have already been put to use on several occasions. The service and delivery was first class. I would definitely recommend the steps to all DIY enthusiasts, and the service given by A 1 Plant Sales.
on 27 April 2016
Prompt delivery and product as described
on 31 May 2013
Really pleased with ladder .Lightweight but very stable ,feel safe when using .Would recommend to others . Will be using indoors and out .
on 2 June 2013
Great ladder and very very firm. Nice balance and I feel very safe when using it. No problem in recommending this. And a greta price to,
on 26 April 2014
These ladders are fine for me. They are not heavy duty, so don't expect them to be. However, they are sturdy enough and suitable for my needs. To get into the loft, and to use when decorating. So I am happy with the quality, price and service
on 14 December 2013
Arrived today, straight in to use, perfect height to change light bulbs etc, even for an oldie like me happy days