Colour Name: Red|Change
Price:£14.99 - £45.18

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 February 2013
Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Edit: June 2013

I've had this for a while now and I use it for about 8-9 hours every day at work. It's utterly brilliant. Not only is the glass touch area so intuitive to use (especially if you're used to using a Smartphone or tablet) it scrolls just like a tablet: that is, it scrolls down with inertia and slowly crawls to a stop (although you an instantly stop it by touching the pad again).

It's become indispensable so I've uprated it to 5 stars.

End of Edit

This is pretty much like any wireless mouse - with one big difference.

Instead of a wheel in the centre to scroll down documents you have a piece of smooth plastic (glass?) that is touch sensitive, just like the touchpad on a laptop or even a tiny piece of a smart phone's screen.

This allows you to swipe your finger down (or up) and scroll through documents or pictures in a manner that these days is pretty much second nature.

On one computer it took me several attempts at getting the computer to recognise the mouse - I eventually had to manually download the USB receiver unifying software, probably because I'm behind a firewall - but there was no indication it was having trouble; it has sat there, mute. However, on a home computer just inserting the USB nano receiver triggered the download, so perhaps Logitech didn't test this on corporate PCs!

My only niggle is that I can't reassign the mouse buttons - yes, the Logitech software allows *some* button reconfiguration but I couldn't, for example, configure a "back" button except by allowing the swiping of the mouse's touch pad from right to left. Perhaps I was spoiled by my other Logitech 510 which allows me to assign umpteen buttons the way I like them.

One of the aforementioned button configurations is to allow a double tap on the scrolling area to zoom in (and out). You have to be careful with this as it's very easy to accidentally touch that area (your finger naturally rests on it!) and you can zoom into a web page, for example, without meaning to.

In use it works as a normal mouse would (although I'm taking a mouse mat to work tomorrow to make it a slightly smoother experience when dragging it around my desk).

Finally, I would have preferred a slightly chunkier mouse to fit my gorilla hands but that's just me. Peole with smaller hands (or kids) won't feel the same, I'm sure.

And it's funny how that scrolling, swipe action really does seem intuitive after a few seconds - even to the point that the scrolling action has built in inertia just like my phone and tablet.

Yes, I like it.
on 25 February 2015
After 5 months of light use, the left click has died, it registers only 5-10% of the time. The right & movement still work just not the left. Batteries have been replaced and distance from reciever makes no difference.

Original Review: ---

Its a nice Mouse, the track pad middle mouse button annoying defaults to the windows key & show desktop when clicked, replacing the usual function of the middle mouse click, you can however change this using some software provided on the logitech website.
The mouse itself feels nice, good build quality, nice look & feel and a good weight to it.

However, this mouse is small, not a micro mouse, but not a normal "full" mouse, somewhere between, this combined with the inverted slop sides which fall away, leaves you with an uncomfortable grip for your 3rd & 4rd fingers which for me, its highly annoying once you notice they are touching weirdly...

Still, a good mouse, good price, overly complicated packaging but nice and sensitive too.
Colour Name: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This mouse has a lot going for it:

* supports Windows 8 gestures
* has a "Unifying" receiver for up to six wireless devices, so can free up USB ports
* offers long claimed battery life (18 months)
* has a pleasant soft grip
* includes storage for the receiver in the base of the mouse
* is left/right-hand capable

As well as the usual three-button operation, there's a touch strip to provide single-finger scrolling, both horizontal and vertical, of the tiled Windows 8 Start screen as well as documents. Swiping left and right on the touch strip moves back and forward between browser pages, like having an extra pair of buttons on a conventional mouse. The upper part of the strip provides direct access to the Start screen. Gestures facilitate navigation through Windows 8, although I found them hard to master. What it won't do is help you cycle through open Apps or quickly access the Charms Bar, and of course it can't offer pinch-zoom capability.

I have a Logitech Touchpad T650 too. Combining that with the T400 mouse (on the same receiver) creates a terrific bridge to Windows 8 for users of earlier versions of Windows. I use the mouse most of the time but switch to the adjacent Touchpad when I need its extra functionality (such as pinch zoom, Charms bar access and access to open apps).

The only real criticism I have of the mouse is that its low profile can make it uncomfortable for extended use. Others might complain that it isn't Mac-compatible, or they'd rather have Bluetooth and do without a receiver at all. For me, though, low profile makes this mouse much easier to pack in my laptop bag than my old one, and I've found Bluetooth unreliable for mouse operation in the past. I'm very happy with the T400.
VINE VOICEon 7 January 2013
Colour Name: Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I haven't used a mouse on my main desktop PC for a long time, I prefer to use either a touchpad or trackball, but, having upgraded to Windows 8 I decided to give this mouse from Logitech a test run.

It is comfortable in the hand and feels good under the touch. It was a smooth install with the unifying receiver (allowing you to connect up to 6 compatible Logitech devices from the same receiver), and after it was installed it prompted you to download the Logitech SetPoint software. Once the installation was complete I configured the mouse how I like it and tried it out.

The first time I moved the cursor it was like madness, the arrow flipped all over the place and I could hardly get it to stop on the item I wanted to click. Slowing the mouse down was worse as then it just crept along as though through treacle. The scrolling was no better, either shooting through the whole page or stuttering and jerking all the way. About the only thing I quite liked was the single click on the top of the surface strip to flip you between the Start screen and the desktop.

I also tested this out on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 and it worked 'out of the box' and was a much more pleasant experience, with it being more responsiveness and precise.

Overall good design and feel with some clever ideas (touch surface strip and unifying receiver) but woeful at performance (under Windows).
on 1 September 2014
I've purchased that mouse after browsing tons of web reviews praising its functionality and usage comfort. Well, either I have non-human hand or most of those reviewers were wrong.

I must say that its shape and weight are perfect - no doubt about that. It's not that big as full-size mouse, but not that small as most of those "take it anywhere with you" mice. Two AA batteries make it a bit heavy but not to heavy for everyday use. The first problem are the regular buttons - you need some strength to push them and the "click" feeling is too low for me, making me wonder whether I have actually clicked the button or not. For the first couple of days my hand hurt me after 20-30 minutes of usage as I placed much power into clicking because of the two above-set reasons.

The touch are itself is OK for me - I was a bit afraid it may be too sensitive and will swipe everything when operating other buttons but it's not an issue. Personally I feel a bit uncomfortable with controlling the scrolling - having a hard wheel under my fingers gave me much more control and comfort.

What I really don't like about this mouse is that its customization level is ZERO. Sure, after installing SetPoint software you can choose from some predefined functions but they are limited to Windows 8 only - like bringing Start screen etc. What I believe is necessary for a pointing device is to have ability to assign custom actions for its buttons - just as simple as bringing up keyword shortcuts. This mouse can't do that and can't do anything else. Have a look at tons of options in MS driver software and learn from it Logitech!

Another problem I've observed is that the "switch application" function doesn't work (or it may be restricted only to metro apps) - when I click the button with this function assigned I'm getting "No apps to switch" message, even though I have several windows opened.

I'm highly disappointed with this device. The approach is innovative and it takes some time to get used to it - and that's fine. But those flaws related to usage comfort (non related to touch functions!) and complete lack of useful customization makes it a bad purchase... It's a pity.
on 7 November 2013
I really like the Apple magic mouse where a simple stroke on the middle of the mouse shell scrolls things up or down.

The Logitech T400 offers the same approach - a touch panel instead of a scroll wheel - but the difference is incredible. The Apple mouse is effortless, precise and cool. The Logitech mouse is painful, unpredictable and absolutely horrible.

Another weakness - hold the mouse button down to drag and drop and the mouse often drops the button press then picks it up again - by which time you have lost control of the object you were dragging and have picked up another object and begun dragging that. The only option is to really hold the mouse button down extra hard - to the point of discomfort.

For me at least, the mouse body is too small to hold comfortably.

I'm using Windows 7 - but I doubt that makes any difference. The problem is with the hardware. After buying many Logitech mice I can say without hesitation that this one is a pure dud. Please avoid!
on 5 October 2015
I really love my mouse, as a lefty I find the added functionality of the touch zone really useful as almost every mouse with additional buttons is set for right handed users. Only downside is needing the Logitech software but it's no biggie.
on 17 March 2014
This is a great combination of a normal click mouse with a touchpad for scrolling, best used for excel where constant scrolling will cause noise / leave a line in your finger (office worker callous?)
The side scroll is also a great help and does not feel like you are going to break is as with normal side scrolling clickwheels.
Overall the build quality is good as you would expect from logitech and the mouse looks good.
Battery life is average but it can be switched off when not in use.
on 29 April 2014
This is a nice mouse which adds some good functionality to Windows 8 if you don't have a touch screen. I find it quite small so after extended use find it uncomfortable. I now use it with my laptop for occasional use. Its compact and easy to stow.

For me its ideal for short term use but I found it unsuitable for all day at work. I would however recommend one.
on 8 May 2013
I was very optimistic for this mouse and tried to like it, but I gave up after a few days and returned it.
It just makes you tired by using it. It's non-ergonomic, buttons are heavy and the only good thing is the middle touch pad (a reel replacement). Moreover, is not well built in terms of levelling its bottom part - it does not lie flat on the desk (my model at least).
I had no issues with the receiver or sensitivity, etc.

By the way, much overpriced. I got Microsoft Mobile 4000 and it seems to be much better, at least when it comes to the ergonomics.