on 7 February 2014
This device comes with no instructions apart from the words "plug and play". For all I know that might be enough for you, but it didn't work on my laptop which insisted on installing default Bluetooth drivers rather than the specific drivers required, even after the vendor had supplied a link to them.
If you read the reviews of any of the Bluetooth dongles on this site you will see that a minority of users report problems with each of them. So if you buy one that doesn't work for you it may be that a different brand would work. Or it may be that there is some complicated work around that will bring it to life (some of the reviews set out full details). You just have to decide how much of your life you are willing to devote to fiddling around with your computer.
In my case, I have better things to do, so the device went back for a full refund.
The vendor was quick and helpful despite being ultimately unsuccessful in getting the device to work for me.
on 21 September 2014
I was a little dubious about buying this product. Would it be able produce enough signal with it being so small? Would it actually work considering the very low price?
I needn't have worried. After updating all relevant Windows 7 drivers, this little device worked fine and happily flashed away with its little blue light to show it's transmitting.
It's so small its unlikely to get in your way or catch on things as you move your computer.
An important advantage that this little fella has is that it works on Windows 7 (and supposedly 8 but I cannot confirm this). A lot of the other bluetooth dongle/adaptors only go up to XP or Vista.
I've not had any problems with this device and it seems to project signal over a good distance. For the money, you cant go wrong and you've just made your computer talk bluetooth!
on 18 June 2013
Super impressed out of the box, plugged it into my Windows 7 desktop, it found it and installed the software, I turned on my apple magic mouse, double clicked the bluetooth icon in the taskbar, added the mouse, and started using it - end to end install in under a minute.

Used it for a few minutes and I was so impressed I went to write this review, and as I did so, the mouse stopped working. Oh the irony!

So I'll report back. Maybe it's the Bluetooth 4 spectrum being very crowded (as other Bluetooth 4 dongle reviews have reported) and so interference messes up the connection. Maybe the mouse batteries are low, maybe the dongle has a problem, maybe maybe maybe. Bluetooth is never easy or problem-free, whatever the context.

Will report back.
on 29 June 2014
The software you provided was unlicensed and as well as not working, it has now removed my original inbuilt Bluetooth 2.0.

I now am left in a position where I now do not have any Bluetooth whatsoever, as you have provided me with an unlicensed software (a pop-up displayed a message, saying so), and it has damaged my existing good Bluetooth configuration.

Furthermore, I have waste almost three hours of my time trying to fix the problem your product has caused.

Really really annoyed...
on 22 May 2014
The device itself is as described, a basic bluetooth dongle. However it doesn't come supplied with drivers and none seem to be available anywhere to download. The device is still usable as windows(only tested with windows 8) installed generic bluetooth drivers for it, however this is not particularly desirable as these have less functionality than device specific drivers. So while technically this works I would get a different one that has the proper drivers included.
on 10 June 2014
Drivers did not install properly at all and I'm unable to use it..technically I''m using Windows 8.1 which it doesn't state if its compatible with or not....but tried it on my friends Vista as well and it still didn't work.
on 1 February 2018
Great Item, Fast Delivery
on 7 June 2014
my doesnt work, got it connected just for 5 sek and then dead, doesnt work on my keyboard or my phone.... its finding devices but not connecting, i updated all my drivers, downloaded new ones and thill the same.
on 1 December 2014
Garbage. Does not auto-install, or start (error10) even after correct drivers installed. USB stack ruined by drivers so had to rebuild. How come postage is more than the item, and it only comes in a jiffy bag ??? Utter utter crap AVOID ...
on 11 February 2014
This neat little dongle does everything one would expect a dongle to do. I consider it to be excellent value for money.