Price:£14.95+ Free shipping

on 5 April 2013
This was ordered as the retail version including 3 coloured bezels and as a retail version I would expect fixing screws and as already described software.

What arrived was a Bare Bones drive in a plastic bag or effectively OEM not retail. No software, No Bezels (As described) No fixing screws, just a drive in a bag - Not as described.

Would send this back if it was not for the fact that the system had to be rebuilt next day it would have been sent back to Amazon if replacement available but no option for a quick replacement only refund of correctly ordered product, and this was not an option. Really feel ripped off hence 2 stars.
on 13 June 2013
The drive itself is fine, it works and does the job well. I was building a computer to sell so I picked this drive specifically for the Samsung logo as this would add value to the final pc. However the drive that arrived was not the one pictured, it is an unbranded drive which feels abit plasticy and certainly does not sport the Samsung logo. I would have returned the product for a refund however it is barely worth it for such a low cost drive.

4 stars as it does the job as well as any branded drive but of you want it to say Samsung on the front, look elsewhere.
on 23 May 2013
This came quickly and I had no issues with putting it in the new PC I was replacing, due to my old one going funny. The only downside was no screws, but that was easily dealt with due to how many I had from my old tired PC.
This is a safe purchase. It does what it claims to do with little fuss.

The drive fits accurately into the internal drive bays and comes with a spare bezel for fitting into different coloured machines.

It came with a SATA data lead but not a power connector. That could mean a separate purchase and a delay to getting it up and running, so make sure you have one first! It also comes with a NERO CD, which I haven't loaded.

In operation: I loaded this drive into a Windows 7 Professional PC. It was immediately recognised and I experienced no connectivity problems. Noise-wise (and I suspect performance may vary from machine to machine judging by other reviews) I found this unit relatively quiet making a gentle whirr when working; noticeable but not so loud as to be distracting. Speeds look to be as described.

Conclusion: As one might expect from Samsung this is a solid piece of kit that works exactly as described. For the money it is excellent value. Four stars.
on 29 January 2013
The samsung SH-224BB is an excellent DVD burner and player. Burns quickly and doesn't seem to mind what make of DVD's you use.

Recognises and plays dvd's that my old Sony dvd player wouldn't even recognise never mind play. Quiet and discrete, highly recommended.
on 17 March 2013
I was very pleased with the speed of the delivery, it arrived the day after I ordered it although I was surprised to see that it was a used second hand item as the advert did not say it was, I was expecting a new one, but it works OK.
on 25 September 2013
Good Drive - read and write speeds are good for the price of this item - No issues or concerns it just installed and was ready to sue - Windows 7
on 16 January 2013
I've only had the DVD writer for just over a week. It seems to work well. I've burnt two discs and on both occasions it worked quietly and without fuss. Delivery from this Company was swift with no problems.
on 12 March 2013
Its a dvd it works what more can i say?
Its only ever going to be used once to install windows so i cant comment on reliabity.
Its cheap and VERY loud when reading discs i give it 3 stars (4 if it wasent so damed loud-its like a hairdryer!)
on 12 August 2013
This is a very good dual layer DVD writer, works out the box as it should.
Instantly recognised when installed and zero problems writing DVDs or CDs.
Good price too.