Format: Kindle Edition|Change

good read & enjoyable
on 5 December 2014
Well packed.Arrived quickly.
on 14 May 2012
What a strange mix of mind -numbing detail of financial negotiations , and gossipy insights into the man himself. I wonder if there are enough members of the book buying public who read both 'Heat' and the 'Financial Times'.My prediction is hunt it out as holiday reading in 3 months when it'll be heavily discounted.
on 31 October 2012
What a letdown. I was expecting lots of juicy scandal after reading all the hype about this book. Instead this biography focused on Simon Cowell's recording deals and his dispute with Simon Fuller. There was a small chapter on Danni Minogue, but the rest is all about tedius stuff such as:Pop Idol, X Factor and business. Only briefly skimming the surface on his personal life which is kept very private. He comes across in this book as a very decadent greedy man. I struggled reading this to the end and was relieved to have finished it.
on 11 November 2012
This is a terrible third, forth or even sixth word book I have ever had the chance to read. What I mean is, its all hearsay. Another thing is, Simon must have had a hand in this book, its all 'nice' and excusable for any of his 'mistakes' actions.

Don't waste your money, your better of reading Cheryl Cole's, it was honest and a much better read
on 12 November 2012
I'm afraid this book was pretty dull and although I read it all, it was a struggle. It didn't really hold my attention and short on some detail, although the author did seem to know what Simon cowell ate at every meal! If he had that kind of insight, why not more about some of the more interesting items, such as his relationship with other judges and more about his creating of "stars". I had stopped watching The X Factor before I read this, but certainly wouldn't watch it now
on 30 July 2012
I (like the earlier review from Essex Girl) am only halfway through this book and I'm struggling. Its like reading a 'statement' - devoid of any personality using just the bare facts (like a 'witness' statement, not one from your bank - although the one from your bank is probably far more entertaining than this!). Its so bland/boring its making it tough and I sympathise with all the other reviewers who have said the same thing. It just isn't a 'pleasant' read if you see what I mean. It is stock (aitken and waterman ha ha!) full of facts and continuous repetition. I get that the man is purely driven by beating Simon Fuller in every way possible (power, money, fame etc etc) - I got it the first, second and third time it came up, yawn. If the Simon F theme continues in the second half of the book then I just can't be bothered sticking with it. Considering Simon leads such a lavish lifestyle I'm finding it all a bit sad and I desperately wanted to find it thoroughly fascinating...

From that perspective, I fear, it maybe does hit the nail on the head. Perhaps Simon C is boring, bland and a bit of a numpty which is what Tow Bower in a genius moment of writing is trying to portray. Simon has just been a very very lucky man who, for some bizarre reason, is now the single most famous reality 'music' star critique in the world (ok then Universe if you're reading this Simon)! I never realised just how lacking his musical knowledge/background was until now. I was always a big Simon 'fan' and loved his shows for the pure entertainment value but this book, so far, has just served to turn me 'off' him big-styley. There simply has to be more to him than this. These poor young kids who are paraded out in front of him are literally there to serve a purpose - Simon's purpose. He's not interested in the nurture or the talent and it saddens me to think I thought he was a bit of a talent-spotting genius.

I can't believe that Simon Cowell actually let this book go to print. Its a bit embarrassing. However, if this book is a true 'measure' of the man then he just won't care what we think because he'll be richer and way way more powerful than we'll ever be ever so there fnawwwhhahahahahha!
on 8 January 2013
I was looking forward to reading this book but I have found it to be quite long winded, boring and hard to read!
on 17 September 2012
Normally I enjoy reading a good autobiography and hearing tales from years gone by. This book when I finished it left me feeling deflated and angry that I had watched any of Cowells TV shows.

I read this book whilst away caravanning otherwise I wouldnt have entertained the book. From the authors perspective it makes Cowell out to be a man obsessed with power and money even when things go wrong as the book proves he turns it around for his advantage. I know a newspaper has been releasing extracts from this book all I'd say is stick with that the book doesnt reveal anything new apart from a few opinions on previous years X Factor Contestants and the way he controls the shows to make sure the people marketable win.

Unless you really like Simon Cowell I would recommend you avoid this at all costs
on 4 June 2012
I struggled reading this book.. it has never taken me so long to read a book. If you do not like Simon Cowell read this book it will confirm your feelings. The book is written in too much detail about who people are.. for example; if Simon meets someone, the author explains in detail who this person is, where they live who they have met and what size shoe they wear and what they had for dinner,you then forget where you are in the story. I was enraged when the book explains how he treats his "toys" (Women).Yes he has a lot of money now, but if the book is true then the way he has achieved this is appalling; by his father pulling in favours to get him numerous jobs. We all like a helping hand, but that is ridiculous. I downloaded this onto my Kindle for my holidays. I quickly moved to other downloads.