on 11 December 2012
We were looking for a 37" to 40" TV for under 400 quid (bought this as part of lightning deal). Unpacking the TV and mounting on the stand was easy enough although one of the four screws into the back of the TV wouldn't thread properly, still it's slotted in securely enough. The TV was for our family living room and is mostly used for Freeview TV, PVR recordings or DVD's, no Blu-Ray or Home Cinema kit here!

On first use I was disappointed by the Freeview (SD channels) picture quality, but after quite a bit of tweaking got it to a satisfactory level (tweaking options are a bit limited, good if you like simplicity). I suspect this is partly a limitation of larger screens displaying low quality SD content, but the issue was mainly with the colour depth and contrast not the resolution, these were poorer than our old 26" Philips LCD TV or my parents' new Panasonic 32" TX-32E5B.

The Freeview HD and DVD picture quality was much, much better. The 50Hz speed hasn't been an issue for us and the sound is fine for general viewing. Whilst the TV is watchable from wide viewing angles the colour depth and contrast fall off dramatically if you are more than 45 degrees off opposite from the set. It would also be useful to have more than 2 HDMI inputs, but at this price that's pretty standard. We have used a new Panasonic PVR with the TV and the ability to link the two together has been a great feature.

Overall, it's not going to be better than a 40" set costing £100 more but I think the HD pictures are better than cheaper 40" sets. If you watch mainly SD content you might want to check out some other options (but you may find they're no better!). Combining this TV with a Panasonic PVR (e.g. DMR-HW120-EBK) you get a great set of features for the total price.
on 6 January 2013
Not a 'technical' review as such but hope it will help!

I researched and researched every day for hours, for over a week to find a good TV within my budget and the right size. The Panasonic TX-L32EM5B 32" did not disappoint. I've compared the viewing quality to some friends TV's and even though they are larger screen and more expensive, I can clearly see that this Panasonic has amazing quality viewing over other TV's. The TV is slimline and the frame is just over an inch wide.

The Panasonic TX-L32EM5B is light but not a 'cheap' light. Also really easy to set up. One minor gripe is the Freeview doesn't have the little screen in the top right corner when you are scrolling through the TV guide (Menu) - although this may have been because I needed to change a setting. I've now got Sky so it doesn't matter anymore.

It's a great TV an looks good. Perfect 32" TV if that's what you're looking for.
on 2 January 2013
We bought this as a gift for friends and they are delighted with it. It is remarkably slim and light compared with the
Panasonic flat-screen TV it replaced.
on 15 January 2013
This TV was on my list because with its unusual screen size it was the biggest that I could fit into my gap. The fact that it was an IPS panel and that the price was lower due to it not having any smart features (that I don't need in this room) were what sealed the deal.

Then I took a small gamble as I bought one on a warehouse deal that was *only* marked as being in good condition. The gamble totally paid off as I received a perfect set in a tatty box and made a great saving on the price.

Picture quality on HD sources is excellent to my eyes and SD looks pretty good depending on the channel being viewed - In truth I think my Tivo is doing its own upscaling and the TV has little to do with it.

I'm very happy indeed with my knockout quality TV at a knockdown warehouse price.
on 1 January 2013
A good budget TV with Freeview HD and full HD performance. Setup was very easy color balance is OK and has good on screen guide.
on 16 February 2013
I bought this as a stand-alone TV in a log cabin. I didn't need smart features but wanted a good quality stand-alone TV for a reasonable price. Picture is, in my opinion, far superior to comparable Samsung models - I spent quite a while comparing them in the shop. Panasonic seem particularly good at creating a "natural" look, whereas the Samsung TV's at a similar price point seem too vivid and artificial. Onboard sound is nothing special, but perfectly adequate for watching normal TV and a spot of gaming.

Setup was a doddle and completely automatic but the location of the connectors could be much better. Both the aerial socket and HDMI ports are in the back panel which means a right-angled Aerial cable needs to be found if the TV is to be flush mounted on the wall as mine is. It also makes occasional use of the HDMI ports a real pain as the TV has to come off the wall to access them. Why not just put them in the side next to the USB port? Speaking of which, I was amazed to find that one of my memory sticks (which works fine everywhere else) wouldn't even fit in the cheap and worryingly brittle feeling USB port on this TV despite much wiggling. The onboard video codecs are also pretty dismal, refusing to recognise about 80% of the AVI movies I tried to play via USB. I eventually solved this by running them via the USB slot on my Xbox, but come on Panasonic: If a cheap Samsung can play anything you throw at it then why can't you?

This TV would be a great basis for a budget-minded setup if paired with a DVD/bluray player and home cinema audio, but as a stand-alone unit it is flawed due to weedy sound and poor connectivity. That said, I'm prepared to overlook these faults due to the superb image quality.
VINE VOICEon 25 December 2012
What a superb tv this is, what a picture, I have not seen anything better, even sets much higher in price. It does everything it says on the box and I am enjoying it every day. This is recommended to everyone who is looking for a tv, in fact: don't look any further. This is it.
on 18 March 2013
I have given this TV five stars because it has such a good picture, and it's power consumption in low
on 18 April 2013
I've mainly been using this TV for gaming and it was definitely worth the money as the picture quality is great. The only thing that bugs me picture wise is that when you are on the settings menu the screen goes slightly brighter which is obviously irritating when trying to fine tune the picture settings...
I've used the media player for watching videos from a USB quite a bit too which is decent. It can handle most formats it seems though I did have issues with an mp4 video once. The only thing I dislike about the media player interface for videos is that it loads previews of the videos when they are selected which makes it lag annoyingly when trying to scroll through a lot!
The picture viewing aspect of the media player also has some hilariously naff elevator type music to enjoy but I can't imagine many people actually use it...
As to be expected with modern super thin TVs, the sound quality isn't that great but people tend to have decent sound systems for their TVs these days.
The free view seems to work fine too...though I mainly use the aerial socket for playing my ancient sega mega drive through!
There are only 2 HDMI sockets which is fine for me but may be an issue for some people.
All in all this TV seems to have been a decent buy, I've had it quite a few months now and I'm pretty pleased
on 29 January 2013
The definition and clarity of the picture is first class. Also the Remote Control features are easy to read and understand