on 10 February 2018
I always thought that Peter Pan" is one of the most memorable Disney movie of all times with characters that have definitely become well known throughout the years. This film holds it's name up very high creating the beautiful and magical universe of Neverland for audiences of all ages. There is quite a lot of slapstick humour throughout this film, and it will have anyone laughing and singing along with it. Due to the era this classic was made "Peter Pan" may not be a perfect film, but it's a very very good one, and one that we have enjoyed watching over and over again.
3 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 6 November 2012
A few of the most recent Disney blu-ray releases - The Rescuers, 101 Dalmations, Aristocats amongst them - have got bad reviews for less than pristine blu-ray transfers. Whilst I agree that the video on those releases wasn't close to Disney's best, I think the cause was more the era those classics originate from (cheap 'rough-pencil' era) than Disney's blu-ray conversion.

The good news is that, as an older movie from Mr Walt Disney's time at the helm, Peter Pan is a beautifully drawn animation movie and the blu-ray transfer is absolutely stunning and looks as though it was drawn yesterday. The colour is clear and vibrant and there is no noticeable blurring or distortion. The sound is equally majestic and the surround sound is brilliant, particularly for the background music.

The even better news is that Peter Pan is one of Disney's best classics, with a great story, fun characters, a brilliant larger-than-life villain and more than a few laughs! This is one of Disney's absolute must have blu-ray releases!
4 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 18 March 2016
I bought the recent Pan and it inspired me to buy other Peter Pan titles incl Return to Neverland also by Disney Hook by S. Spielberg and the pretty recent Peter Pan live action also Peter & Wendy with Paloma Faith as tinkerbell they r all v. good but the hilarity of hook and tinkerbell and ofcourse Peter Pan the Disney original is v. much like the book and one of my favourites
on 23 October 2016
Disappointed as I bought this for my Disney classics collection thinking it would be as pictured with the limited edition artwork sleeve, it wasn't. Really annoying you can't easily get in touch with anyone to sort it so I'm having to return...
review image
One person found this helpful
on 17 February 2017
Excellent family film - great story and lots of scope for playing pirates/fairies after you've watched it if you have younger children. Plenty of ideas for moral discussions with children too should you be that way inclined.
on 27 October 2016
Our 5yr grand daughter watched a few minutes but unfortunately the film didn't portray a gentle English story of Peter Pan! The cartoon characters were quite ferocious giving the story a very different feeling from the original.
on 12 April 2017
This a magical, traditional animation of the story of 'Peter Pan'. I love it as much as the children do. I think the characterisations are brilliant and the animation has such humour.
on 1 January 2014
I purchased this dvd for my daughter for christmas; It was the first item I ordered and the last to arrive. Sadly not in time for Christmas[ arrived on the 27th/ ] The dvd itself is fab which we knew as had copy of it on vhs and became one of daughters faves. I would reccomend this dvd to anyone who loves fantasy and doesnt want to grow up! Though will not be ordering from " nagiry" again.
on 23 August 2013
I have seen this movie so many times since its first release. I never tire of being amused by it. But I always thought there was a tune called 'never smile at a crocodile' when Captain Hook sees the crocodile with the alarm clock inside him??? Did I imagine that? Anyway, loved this film to bits. Wasted on the kids - I'm in my fifties and still love it. Brilliant stuff.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 26 April 2017
what can I say released in the year I was born and bought for my 3 year old grandson and still delightful