Format: DVD|Change

on 31 March 2017
Not a bad film prefer first film but my daughters have asked to watch atleast 9 x now and I've found it a blessing when there quiet so I can tidy hoover
on 5 April 2017
Not as good as Peter Pan but it still gives me a break from my Peter Pan crazy son
on 7 March 2017
Great film.
on 16 April 2017
Thank you received it on the 15th April in good condition
on 9 March 2017
awesome dvd at a reasonable price
on 25 August 2007
I was more than a little wary to buy this very belated sequel to Disney's original classic, Peter Pan. Such a long time had elapsed that I felt sure that it would prove to be nothing more than a poor production aimed to make as much money as possible with minimum effort. But I was wrong...

In Return to Neverland, Wendy is all grown up and has children of her own. She tells them stories of Peter Pan, which delight her son but which her daughter, Jane, comes to resent. On the eve of the children's evacuation to the country (the story is set during the Blitz), Jane finds herself in Neverland and meets all the major characters from the original: Tinkerbell, the Lost Boys, Captain Hook, Smee, and of course, Peter Pan himself. The animation and vocalisations are both excellent and good imitations of the old film.

The story seems to be unconnected to J.M. Barrie, the author of Peter Pan, but it is still entertaining and at only 70 mins, it is just the right length of time to keep the little ones enthralled without their losing interest. However, the songs are distinctly out of place, having a modern style that is not consistent with the 1940's context. That said, I would definitely recommend Return to Neverland to any fans of the original Disney movie.
on 12 February 2009
This may not be the best film ever made, or event the best Disney film ever made, but my 4 (almost 5) year old son loves it, possibly more than the original ("a tiny winy better" apparently!).

In essence the story is about Wendy's daughter, Jane, who is growing up during the Blitz, having been asked by her father (who has gone off to war) to look after her mummy and little brother Danny. Wendy takes this very seriously and forgets how to be a child, insisting that Peter Pan and Never Land don't exist. So, to cut a long story short this film is about learning to be a child again, and learning to believe.

I could watch my son watching this film for ever. He giggles for at least half of the film, totally entranced by the antics of the "Lost Boys" and Peter Pan getting one over on Captain Hook. It is one of the most enchanting sights I have ever seen. So, I guess what I'm saying is I don't mind if this doesn't live up to the original. I'm not watching it to see the film, but to bask in my son's enjoyment of it.
on 15 September 2002
The title of this review says it all. I think Return to Neverland is an enchanting and magical sequel to Disney's original Peter Pan, but it definitely wasn't perfect.
The biggest problem with it is that the plot is entirely predictable. Wendy grows up and has two children: a girl, Jane, and a boy, Danny. World War II causes Jane, the eldest, to forget about "childish things" such as Peter Pan and Neverland, but her brother still believes. Then one night, Captain Hook arrives and captures Jane, mistaking her for Wendy, and takes her back to Neverland. There's more to the story, but the ending is typical: Jane believes in Peter Pan once again. (But really, what other plot could Disney use for a Peter Pan sequel?) I thought that the original was better plot-wise because it was based on the original story, though I must admit that the special effects, coloring, and sound used in Return to Neverland somewhat made up for the story.
It looks like Disney used a computer to animate Tinkerbell's pixie dust, making it look more realistic. I also liked how they cast leaf-shadows when the characters were standing under trees and such. It makes them look more life-like. But the animation isn't perfect; I think Disney could have done better. If you pay close attention, you'll notice that some characters appear to be cross-eyed or much more cartoonish than they should. (e.g., Mickey Mouse looks more cartoonish than Snow White because Mickey is a talking mouse in red shorts and Snow White is simply an animated human.) This is another reason why I like the original better: everything might look less 3-D than the sequel, but you can tell the Disney animators spent more time making sure everything was perfect.
I also noticed that Peter, Hook, Tinkerbell, and the Lost Boys's personalities seem to slightly differ from the original. Peter, Tinkerbell, and the Lost Boys are generally much more playful -- Tinkerbell actually does things like blowing raspberries and making faces at Hook. The crocodile has been replaced by a giant octopus (which I seriously don't understand), and Hook acts more afraid of it than the croc. It was also a bit of a disappointment that the mermaids were in only one scene and the Indians, John, and Michael Darling weren't mentioned at all, unless you count the opening sequence (which was actually one of the best parts of the movie).
My point: Return to Neverland may not be the best Disney sequel yet (I believe that was Toy Story 2), but it's still a very good movie.
on 11 August 2012
Bought this particular one as it was the cheapest one I could find. I know Disney films are expensive but there were some ridiculous prices being asked. Heard no complaints about it from my grandchildren so I'm taking that as a positive sign.
on 14 January 2016
Great new telling of Peter Pan. Although the War is probably meant to be in 1940, it is a bit confusing to pin down exactly but once in Neverland, is good and sort of tells the story Wendy's daughter and how the war has affected her and the stories of Peter Pan. She is wisked away and tries to get home after a while. Hook can help her but she needs to betray Peter and his friends, but will she do this? Although not the original Peter Pan story, it is a good modern version. Parts of the original play is also part of the storyline with her daughter.