Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 28 November 2012
Being a fan of Young Marble Giants from the late 70s/early 80s I thoroughly enjoyed The XX's first CD and went back to listen to Collosal Youth once again! Whilst I was looking forward to seeing how the group had developed from album 1 this is essentially the same sound but the content is not as memorable or distinctive. Enjoyable but lacking the spark of relative innovation that the first album provided.
on 19 January 2016
The package arrived around a week late. The external transparent plastic case was in poor conditions - all crumpled and bent.

The album itself is ok (sort of). Definitely not as good as the debut. It reminds me of previous tracks like Fantasy and Shelter (the weakest in "xx", btw). Here in Italy we'd call this "moscio": I think "wimpy" gives the idea.

There are a few great tracks that for me were worth the purchase, like "Fiction" and "Sunset". But, like a great Italian song says, "Tutto il resto è noia".
on 9 February 2014
I saw the XX on Jools Holland and then 18 months later heard this while sitting in a barbers chair. I remembered I had seen them on TV so bought the album. It is very atmospheric. The guitars remind me of 'The Unforgettable Fire' by U2 from the eighties.
on 20 August 2017
wonderful record from true pioneers
on 5 May 2017
Great follow up A+
on 31 October 2015
Lovely album. Mellow sound with quirky lyrics. A little "samey" but perfect for chill out session.
on 3 June 2015
So fresh! It's an extremely easy listen (I'm a fan of 'The XX' anyway) and I liked the fact that it was relaxing yet vibrant all at once. Love this album from start to finish. Cannot fault.
on 4 September 2013
Bought it for my other half's birthday after seeing them on TV at Glastonbury (I know - where have I been!)

We both love this CD, but argue over which one is best XX or Coexist?

Delivery not great, even though I paid for express delivery (Took 3 days, not 24 hours!!) but in good condition and no hassles really.
on 4 June 2013
I love the XX. This album continues along the lines of their first album, XX. There is a theme running through the album of a relationship breakdown. 'Angels', the first track, is a truly beautiful song - very romantic. The whole album is very chilled.
on 14 July 2015
Love love love :) ((this is waaaay old now,. sure no one will care for this review :) ))