Customer reviews

on 21 September 2012
Ghost Hunting Diary Volume IV is more interesting and informative than terror filled as some of her prior ghost hunting books were. Nevertheless I enjoyed the stories and escapades of T.M. and Aunt Belle and recommend it.

There was one point where T.M. and Aunt Belle were going to see some ruins but because of an evil entity avoided going in. This book was more of a fun filled ghost excursion although there were some scary moments such as when an evil entity with hooves enters their room late at night when they are sleeping. Some of the places T.M. and Aunt Belle visited in prior volumes were hauntingly evil as they had to use protection packets.

Readers will learn about portals, what they do, and how T.M. and Aunt Belle closes them. Some ghosts are like projections on a video that keep repeating over and over like watching a DVD and clicking repeat. Other ghosts are intelligent and can do things, have certain smells, odors, or fragrances and react with humans. There's a lot to learn and Vol IV covers a lot of good information to know.

T.M. Simmons first Ghost Hunting Volume 1 Ghost Hunting Diary Volume I (Ghost Hunting Diaries)got me very interested in her works. I've read all of T.M.'s books thus far except the romance ones. I recommend Vol IV and if you like really scary stuff read her prior volumes 1-3.

If you like true ghost stories and you've read all of T.M.'s then try Peter Drake's Tales of Ghostly Horror: Real-life Encounters with the Supernatural nd Edwin Becker's True Haunting.
on 19 September 2014
St. James Jeepers Creepers - There are times during ghost hunts when I even scare myself silly...er...sillier. In May, 1998, an occurrence at the captivating historical St. James Hotel, in Cimarron, New Mexico - a place with an extremely haunted reputation - turned into one of those incidents. Twenty-six deaths occurred in the St. James so when I saw a man that stood about 6 feet, with black hair and dressed in an 1800's style suit jacket the evening we checked into the hotel, I wasn't surprised. I got the impression he was a gambler and I gaped when he winked at me. This told me he was an intelligent haunting, one in which the entity can interact with our living dimension. In other words, the recognition worked both ways. Turns out he was one of the nice ones. TJ is a different story.

Barney the Believer - Barney is my husband who doesn't believe in ghosts. One day he came to my office, white as a ghost himself. He wanted to know if we had a little girl ghost in our house. We do so I ask how he knew. His comment to me was "Because I've been watching TV and she just got up from the chair on the other side of the fireplace." That was just the beginning of him becoming a believer.

These are just 2 of the stories in the author's diary and this is the 4th diary this author has published that I've had the pleasure of reading. I've heard about ghosts and spirits my whole life. I 'dreamed' one morning that my grandmother was standing at the foot of my bed telling me everything would be alright. Apparently I was asleep with my eyes open because I could see her and the room I was in full color. I once bought a house where I would get a glimmer of someone out of the corner of my eye and freeze when I sat in a certain area in my living room. Turns out the previous owner, a woman who loved to cook, had passed in that special spot in the living room. If we admit it, we've all probably had some kind of unexplained 'happenings' at some point in our lives and through reading T. M. Simmons' books, I truly believe that I've experienced a few ghosts of my own.

Oh yeah. If you have a ghost/spirit in your home, this book will tell you what would be the best way to handle your type of ghost/spirit. Yes there is more than one type and each is handled differently. At this time, I have no ghosts/spirits in my home. I have a friend who died in his home and the woman living there now has told me he comes back now and then to check on the items he left in the attic. She has never removed anything from there so he seems ok, but she does hear him now and then rummaging around and many times he will forget to turn out the light.

This, like the others before it are extremely interesting. I'm enjoying learning about the experiences the author and her Aunt Belle have gone through and can't wait to learn even more when I read Ghost Hunting Diary Volume V.
on 30 September 2014
Really enjoyn reading this writers books
on 14 January 2016