on 13 April 2016
These really are great headphones. I'm no expert and won't pretend to know about bass or sound quality but I wanted a set of headphones for the gym that wouldn't fall off when I run and that's what I got in these. To me they sound great and I'm told they aren't noisy to others either which is important in public spaces. The controls aren't compatible with my android phone which is annoying but was mentioned in the description so I can't knock a star off for that. The cable is a decent length and they come in a little carry bag so they don't get tangled up with other stuff in my gym bag. I think they look really stylish and the over ear style means they stay put. They are even comfy to wear with my tragus piercing which I haven't found with any other headphones other than big can style ones which aren't great for a sweaty session in the gym. So if you are just an average jo that likes your music then I think these are a great buy.
on 12 December 2016
Husband seemed happy with these so I'm happy too!
on 19 March 2014
I have owned other Sennheiser products for use with iPod/iPhone and needed some new earphones for the gym. These are light and comfortable (with a choice of 3 sizes of in-ear foam) and produce clear good quality sound.
on 2 November 2015
I'm reliable informed from the recipient these are good quality with excellent sound.
on 27 March 2017
Excellent and quick
on 14 January 2015
Comfortable, loud, pretty good sound quality for the price. Remote is convenient. Nothing to complain about really. I ended up buying a second pair based on my experience with these.
on 30 May 2015
They get 1 star for design, fit nicely over ears and snug. Regarding sound quality (0 stars if possible) these headphones are 'Rubbish' there is virtually no low end frequency at all. Drums sound like someone tapping on empty soda cans and bass is barley audible. Compared to iPhone headphones (£9.74) are better, i'm not saying that iPhone headphones are great, but seriously i wasted £24.99 on these things. I returned them. And because there was nothing wrong with them and order wasn't directly through Amazon - I lost £6.60. So I paid almost £7.00 to try these headphones out. DO NOT BUY THESE HEADPHONES YOU ARE WASTING YOUR MONEY!!!
on 15 November 2014
I bought these to replace my CX680s which had a few design flaws of their own over the years and having a several replacements through Sennheiser's excellent 2 year warranty (as long as you purchase them through an approved dealer). I own a lot of Sennheiser headphones, from the high end HD800 and IE800s right down to the CX680s which were used daily for exercise. These have an in-line volume control which is integrated into the cable, my CX680s were a two part design with the volume control on the second cable section - this offered some flexibility in how it was attached but also caused a weakness as it was usually this part of the headphones which would fail. Sennheiser has done away with this design (which was essentially a variable resistor) and has incorporated the same volume control/ play and pause design that is compatible with Apple products, unfortunately this means the volume control is not universally compatible so if you have an Android device it may or may not work. I was planning to use these with an old (but very rugged) Zune HD and this does not work at all even though the simpler volume control on the CX680 did.

Although these appear to be more robust and lighter than the CX680 as part of its improvements, the biggest flaw is the over-ear rubberised clips. Lots of people have complained about how tinny the sound is from these headphones, well they are not tinny at all, in fact they produce very good sound indeed but they do need to be properly inserted in the ear, with a tight seal to get a full range of the headphones, this is what all ear-canal headphones require. Unfortunately if your ears are not the right size to fit the 'one size fits all' clips then they will either pop out altogether or rest on the very edge of the ear canal producing very tinny sound - as they are not inserted far enough. Other Sennheiser/Adidas headphones have adjustable attachments which accommodate this requirement, as these don't, they are very hit or miss - entirely down to whether you have the right size ears or not.

I returned them without hesitation and bought the cheaper CX685s which are brilliant despite not having a volume control, but then again the one on these did not work for me anyway. Come on Sennheiser, what were you thinking with this design? You can do much better than this.
HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 22 November 2014
Finding a decent pair of in ear headphones for gym use can be a real nightmare. I've always found it really difficult to find in-ear headphones which will stay in no matter what at the gym. These are one of the few pairs I've found aren't flying all over the place during workouts.

*** Pros ***

✓ Comfortable even with extended use
✓ In-line microphone
✓ Much better than the rubbish headphones you get with your iPhone
✓ 2 Year Warranty
✓ Good build quality

I even managed to accidentally put mine through the washing machine with my gym kit. When I found them, I expected them to be ruined, but I left them out to dry for a few days and they still worked perfectly!

*** Cons ***

- Not the best in-ear headphones I've used
- Wire could be a little longer
- Its a shame the smart remote doesn't work with more devices

*** Conclusion ***

I found these headphones good for the gym because I found they didn't fly out of my ears during workouts. Although the sound is fairly reasonable, they don't provide the most amazing sound I've ever heard from headphones, but as they are in-ear headphones, I didn't have massive expectations for sound quality.
on 2 January 2014
I've been searching for good quality headphones for gym and running. These Sennheiser headphones give good music quality, but at least in my ears the headphones won't stay in. Just a little bit of motion will make the plugs to pop out and the music quality drops dramatically. Apart from that the overall quality is very good, but the fit just isn't too good.