on 10 March 2017
Beautiful. Absolutely brilliant, good quality product.
on 6 August 2017
Great price.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 March 2015
I purchased this set for my 5 year old son. Recently he has fallen in love with lego and loves playing with his big brother. I love Lego for him and his hand eye coordination isn't great and he could also work on problem solving skills - lego solves a lot of that. In particular we got this set as he loves fire engines / fire stations and when I noticed it was over £20.00 cheaper I jumped at it.
The set is excellent, the detail is thought out and although complicated at times it is still so simple. The minifigures are generic but all different. Maybe would have been nice to have lego hair for them? Firefighters don't always sit around with their hard hats on. Still not a massive loss - just a suggestion.
There is in my opinion a better fire engine within the range but not included in this set. The fire engine does feel a bit basic in comparison to the individually boxed fire engine, but is still fantastic in its own right. The car and helicopter are a simple but great addition to the playset.
My only complaint about this is how sturdy it is. I appreciate my 5 year old will not be as careful with it as an older child, but even I inadvertently break it apart. When I put it on a larger base it is much better. I used to play with lego as a child and remember that everyone had loads of baseboards and were far more common in sets rather than just covering the basic footprint of the building. This is where it looses a little bit as to help it hold up (and prevent yourself going mad rebuilding it every 5 minutes) you need to ideally buy what is now an expensive base board. Besides that it's fantastic - I put it together for my son and after he played with it and understood how it would look and got a feel for the end result I took it apart and now we are slowly putting it back together. I am helping him do it - but to date lego has been helping so much with his coordination among many other things. Would recommend - but unless it's a display; get a big base board
on 9 May 2015
Great set. Fun to build with my boys. There are 3 Lego vehicles in this set a Fire Car, a Fire Engine with a very cool working ladders, and a fire rescue helicopter. The Fire Station it's self is great, building it I am amazed at the design of it every block has to be in the right place. The opening and shutting shutters are a great feature. Perfect family fun.
review image
on 30 December 2014
My 6 yr old asked for this for Christmas. I was pleased to get it for a reduced price as I had expected to pay more. When it arrived the box felt reassuringly heavy. It was a great success on Christmas Day and my 6 yr old built the helicopter and car himself. My 9 yr old helped with the rest. The finished model has great play potential due to movable vehicles, mini figures and little rooms in the fire station. Great level of detail and up and over emergency doors run easily and don't break apart. It's likely to stay built for longer (as opposed to endless pieces strewn on the floor muddled up with other models!!) as it is a building. It reminded me of the Lego Hospital set I had in the 1970's which I wish I still had!!! Photo shows light grey baseboard (separate purchase).
review image
on 27 August 2013
I bought this for my 5 year old. He managed to put it together by himself and has played daily with it. He has since found out there are other items in the range and has put together a wish list of the product codes!
on 28 October 2014
loved it
on 2 January 2014
I thought this item was quite pricey at first look but in fact it is good value for money. The attention to detail is amazing (down to a sausage in the frying pan in the living quarters). It comes as 9 bags of lego with comprehensive instructions to make 3 vehicles and the station. This has two bays and a helipad and has provided lots of entertainment once constructed.
on 27 March 2015
Bought it for my 7 year old who is a Lego junkie and he absolutely loved it (he put it together on his own in less than 2 days).
on 4 July 2014
We got this for my son last christmas and he loves it. Its not as big as the box makes it appear but it is the perfect size for the kids. What I will say is you may want to glue it together as I have had to do, after our 2yr old niece tried to play with it and pulled it down to her level but unfortunately at that point it came apart.

See one answered question