on 1 June 2017
Great set, enjoyed by my son to add to his collection
on 9 March 2017
Grandchild loved it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 May 2014
I purchased this set for my son who has developed a love for spiderman. He is particularily fond of the lego versions. We have a few others (with dr ock & venom) but this one really impressed me. Usually for the price you pay for lego it's a bit disappointing that it's all so small, but with this set the box is huge (in comparison to the sets with dr ock & venom it's 2 x bigger box size). The set is also large and considering its lego and marvel I feel it's great value for money. Lego is expensive for what it is , but I felt this was well worth the money
Along with the daily bugle offices, the set includes a plane, weapons and other small various additions. It includes 5 mini figures! dr doom, beetle, spiderman, nova & j Jonah Jameson figures. Also includes a little comic, not a lot but was a nice surprise!
I've never come across lego that is poor quality. This set is impressive whether you are buying for your child to play with or you are buying to collect. I would recommend to either. It's great fun and my son loves this set!
on 28 February 2014
I recently purchased this set of lego, Daily Bugle Showdown and was very satisfied. I will start off with the mini figures.
Spiderman: The main "good guy" of this set, Spider-Man is a very nice figure with detailed printing. On his back he has a spider and he is wearing the blue/red classic Spider-Man suit. Spider man comes with two "webs" which are white rope/chains. Great fig.
Nova: I really like this figure and it is also exclusive! Nova has a new moulded helmet which has eye holes and a mouth gap. I am very happy with the way lego have done his eyes, they are white goggles, instead of doing the Bruce Wayne type head on the batmen. He has nice printing and features two shiny red studs to make him "fly". Nova also has a double sided head, one calm and one angry.
J.Jonah.Jameson: JJ is a cool minifigure, he has a double sided head, one angry (calm for JJ!) and one angrier! He has a nice blue suit and tie and comes with a camera. He is also exclusive to this set.
Beetle: GREAT WINGS! Beetle is a highly detailed figure with awesome printing. He comes with a wing piece which is new, and is holding a pistol. I can't relate beetle to the T.V series as I do not watch them but I can tell you beetle is a cool minifigure. He is exclusive as well!
Doctor Doom ( Victor Von Doom): This guy is probably my favourite minifigure in the set. He comes with a nicely printed body which is green and grey/green legs. He also has a dark green cape and hood. He has a single sided head but the printing is really really cool! Lego did a great job with this figure!

Daily Bugle Building:
This building has three stories and a roof and is very detailed and generally cool and exclusive. On the side there are fire exits on every floor which have a black ladder next to them. The front of the building has two glass doors and four windows. The door is signed "DBC" as well as the top of the building. There are various places to connect spiders web too, as well as the huge radio broadcast of JJ!
First Floor: The first floor is mainly just a plant and doors so not a lot here. Still cool though!
Second floor: the second floor features a cupboard with a newspaper on top, a nice board with pictures of spidey on it, a newspaper about Spider-Man's true identity( definitely not Peter Parker ) and three windows. This is a really cools floor and there are some mechanisms which I will mention later on.
Top Floor. This floor has a swivel chair for JJ along with a computer and keyboard on a desk. You also get a nice lamp! This is probably my favourite floor.
Roof: the roof is mainly a roof but there are three mechanisms.....

Mechanisms on the building: there are four mechanisms on this building which I will say now. The first mechanism is a trapdoor on the roof, when you pull a switch you can send the bad guys tumbling down onto JJ' computer! The second mechanism is a lever that pushes the DBC sign high up off the building like an explosion. Thirdly, my favourite, a mechanism on the roof to push spidey like he is swinging on a web. You can just attach the web to a point on
The building and push the switch to send spidey! Lastly we have a mechanism in the second floor to send one of the windows flying out. JJ won't be too happy about that! In the set we also get a green bin, which can catapult characters.

Doom jet: This is a very cool plane and it features to wings with propellers and an opening cockpit. There are some nice stickers for it and also a detachable grabbing arm for stealing the cupboard. It has nice features but my only con is that when you put doctor doom in there his cape can get a little creased, this is only minor though.

Overall this set is AMAZING and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. You get five awesome figures, a cool building and a great plane. BUY IT!!!!
on 14 February 2013
AS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT IT REALLY WAS NOT CHEAP [BUT] THE KIDS LOVE IT. IT WAS EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND GREAT TO PLAY WITH INSTRUCTIONS QUITE EASY And bricks really do fit to gether very well .KIDS ARE PLEASED.
on 10 January 2013
I bought this set with my spare christmas money and it was well worth it amazing figures (dr doom especially)and a great building and for only £40:00 I really recomend you buy this set
on 9 March 2013
My son is a huge Lego Superheroes fan and wanted this for his birthday. He was really pleased with it when he received it. He recommends it for kids up to 12 because there are many functions in the building itself including trap doors and falling windows. He also liked Dr Doom's awesome hover jet with a giant claw.
on 22 May 2013
Briiliant Lego set......The Nova Mini Ifg that comes with this set is amazing. Would deffinatly reconmend to all brick addicts out there.
on 9 May 2013
Son spent hours putting this together aged 6 and all I had to do was put on the stickers. great
on 22 February 2013
The product arrived on time . I have ordered it for my son and he was very excited when he got it. There is a building , an aeroplane and a few superheroes and "baddies " action figures. Sorry , if I have got the names wrong as I am no expert , but sure my kid is and he loved it.