Customer reviews

LEGO Star Wars 75001: Republic Troopers vs. Sith Troop

on 8 March 2013
The lego arrived within 2 days. Brought this as a present for my nephew and he love it. I would recommend it.
on 26 January 2013
I bought this set from the Lego shop on the day it arrived. I bought the set as a treat for myself since I am a bit of a fan of the old republic. First off the minifigures are excellent, the detail is excellent and the helmets are very good for all four characters. However I would have used black heads for the republic troopers, as the helmets show the flesh tone at the front.

As for the vehicle, I have driven one in the old republic game and the design is very good, my only complaint would be that the vehicle appears slightly oversized compared to the figures, but it is still a good design and won't fall apart easily.
on 1 February 2013
it was very easy to make and fun to play with. It would be good to get some more Lego sets from the old republic to play with it to. It was very expensive for what you get. But apart from that I absolutely loved it. It was epic! :)
on 23 April 2013
As a more mature Star Wars Lego fan I purchased this to assemble with my kids. Its a nice kit and probably fairly suited to a less experienced or younger lego fan. The kit does not have alot of pieces (63) and masses of smaller parts so I think it is a simpler build than the LEGO Star Wars 75000: Clone Troopers Vs Droidekas set in the same range which has 124 pieces and has many more smaller parts. The simplicity of the kit does not take away from the overall form and function and will probibly be fairly robust in play. With new syle figures it's a good set and worthy addition to your collection.
on 16 May 2013
This is a fairly new range ( thank goodness) and was reasonably priced. Excellent for birthday gifts etc. Very easy to assemble so doubt the younger lego fans would have too much trouble but "different helmets" for the clones so of some interest to the collectors.
on 21 July 2013
I mainly got this set for the minifigs, played the swtor mmo before, so I am familiar with the set. Can't really comment much on the build though, since it was like a 5-10 minute build.

Delivery:
Poor. Shipped to Malaysia in 3 days, came through dhl, box was squashed, not a great start, but being a lego set there was no damage to it.

Pros:
I'm a AFOL (only star wars), so I got this mainly for the minifigs, and some folks on other sites reviewed the minifigs badly due to how the helmets stick on the figures, I however didn't see that problem, or maybe it just wasn't a problem for me, and I actually liked the minifigs. The sith hover speeder is actually pretty decent looking as well. If you like Star Wars, if you played swtor, I would recommend getting this.

Cons:
None really, if you're getting it for the minifigs.
on 20 October 2014
Lego is as popular now as it was decades ago,boys especially like this because they can both make and remake whenever they want too,and they do too,our nephews love it and play with it a lot,but the older ones prefer internet games now so we buy them too,but even they go back to lego when they get bored which proves that lego will still be used for a long tome to come........
on 26 September 2013
IF you like Star wars then these guys come way before any of the time line depicted in the movies. So they might not be recognised by younger Star wars fans. Quality prints on the mini figures, easy to build, shame about the stickers though, these sets like most of the licensed stuff are really designed to stay as the set rather than broken up and rebuilt into other things.
on 31 December 2013
I like these products very much. WheN i meet them at the right price i would always buy them.
Star Wars is collectible item, it should be packaged well, not damaging the box - this time it was well, and i'm glad. Thanks!
on 2 January 2014
This product was a really cool present for my little brother. He enjoyed playing with it and didn't struggle building it because the instructions (as usual) are really easy and clear to understand.

See one answered question