Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 11 March 2016
I had heard of Forks Over Knives for a while. I have watch similar kind of documentaries such as Fed Up, Food Inc, Hungry for Change, Cowspiracy etc. I urge everyone to watch this DVD. I mean every person that eats food. It effects every single person.

We are constantly bombarded with adverts from the food industry so much so, we hardly even notice it. I was sick of being sick and feeling unhealthy and I was sick of feeling confused with conflicting diet advice. This DVD explains how consuming certain foods can have a devastating effect on one's health. Now I eat a plant-based diet I can see through the industry BS they force down our throats through aggressive advertising and biased studies published in mainstream media.

Time to get smart, people, don't let these bad foods make you ill and greedy people very rich off your ignorance.

Watch this and stop feeling like a helpless victim.
on 1 March 2013
At last the video that should be on shelf of everyone who values their health. Be warned ; This video will change your life, for the better. Dare to be healthy!!!!!
on 22 September 2012
I was initially put off from buying this because it is erroneously listed as region 1- US only, but on checking the Forks Over Knives website (Which don't export outside the US), they confirmed it as region free, so I took the plunge and ordered it from Amazon. What causes the confusion, I think, is that the format is NTSC- the US TV format, rather than PAL, the UK one- but most modern DVD players will play NTSC region-free DVDs with no hassle, and such was the case.

Now about the film- I was first alerted to Caldwell Esselstyn's work via a Dean Ornish book, as I was diagnosed with heart disease in 2011, and didn't like the risks inherent with heart bypass surgery, which I was advised to have, so I sought alternatives. This film lays out, clearly and comprehensively, the health benefits that can be had from a wholefoods, plant-based diet, and how it can help reverse the effects of most cancers and heart disease, and there is plenty of science in there to back it up, set out in easy-to-understand terms. Suffice to say that after already undergoing a vegetarian diet for my heart, this film convinced me to take the last step and go completely vegan. I have, definitely, felt the benefits- already, my energy levels are much better, and so far I've been able to stop one of my medications, and will hopefully be able to stop the rest next year- not bad for someone who was recommended a bypass- forks over knives, indeed! This diet DOES work, and the film will help convince anyone who has any doubts about this at all. For anyone wanting to see this film- and I think anyone who's seen 'Supersize Me' and wanted to know if there was another way would be included in that number- don't be put off by the mistaken region information- this DVD will play ANYWHERE, so go buy it and watch it, your heart will thank you.
22 Comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 August 2017
Very useful. I am changing my eating habits and feel better for this.
on 13 March 2017
A Must watch
on 14 October 2014
A MUST WATCH FOR ANYONE WHO CARES FOR ANIMALS AND OUR PLANET
on 29 May 2017
This DVD clearly sets out the scientific case supporting a whole food plant based diet
on 13 July 2017
interesting,prompted a new way of eating
on 15 July 2017