Customer reviews

1,003

on 4 March 2012
I bought this mouse as I thought it's hard to go wrong with a mouse for £8 and that has "Gaming" in it's name... but it turns out you get what you pay for.

The mouse is a good weight, and has nice rubber grips where your thumb and little finger go. The buttons have a nice click to them and are very responsive and the scroll wheel has a nice notched feel to it when you scroll. However the actual sensor and DPI settings are a little disappointing. It is impossible to use this mouse in the 1600dpi mode when playing games as firstly, the mouse doesn't track properly when moving it faster than a standard speed, resulting in moving the mouse but nothing actually happening on the screen. Secondly it feels like the 1600dpi mode is merely a 800dpi reading being doubled by an onboard processor before being sent to the PC, as when in 1600dpi the pointer jolts about when moving the mouse slowly. If you need to do precise movements like lining up that long range headshot or doing something fiddly in photoshop you'll have to be in 800dpi mode as you'll be overshooting your target all the time in 1600dpi. In short you can only move 2-4 pixels MINIMUM at a time in 1600dpi mode. But 800dpi mode doesn't have this problem. In 800dpi the mouse still can't cope when moving it really quickly, but it's only when you move it REALLY quickly, still, don't expect to be doing any flick shots with this mouse. Finally the mouse feet are very grippy as they're made of cheap, hard plastic, although how the mouse slides also depends on your mouse surface.

This is a plug and play mouse so you don't need to install any drivers. Just the mouse comes in the box.

Pros:
Price.
Nice buttons (also includes side buttons).
Easy to hold.

Cons:
Only worth using in 800dpi mode.
Mouse feet very cheap (quite grippy).
Optical sensor can't handle fast movement.

I'd spend the extra £2 and go for the laser model (M6880) if you want higher than 800dpi. I haven't tried it but hopefully it has a better sensor that is truly 1600dpi. UPDATE/EDIT: Since writing this review I have bought and received the M6880 (laser version of this mouse) and I have to say WOW! THe sensor is A LOT better than the one in this optical mouse. I can highly recommend spending that little bit extra for the M6880, honestly, I cannot fault that mouse. Best £10 I've ever spent on a piece of PC equipment.

Mouse settings:
6/11 (windows default).
Enhance pointer precision OFF (no mouse acceleration).
Cheese's mouse fix (120hz).
66 Comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 November 2016
Needed a gaming mouse after my old one died and my temporary fix was a 2 button Logitech basic. I've used the M6900 previously but my budget was a little lower, so thought I'd give this a try, having been quite fond of the other.

It does feel a little flimsy in the hand but mine has taken some abuse and never flinched or shy'd away. I have medium sized hands and it fits me like a glove. Every finger sits where it should be. Whether that's because I've played so many games and my hand is stuck that way, I dunno. What I do know is that I LOVE this mouse.

The buttons are responsive and feel plush. The DPS adjustment button could be placed a little better but it does mean it isn't gunna be knocked in session. The scroller is light but gives good reply during rotation.

The feet do tend to wear down rather quick as they're not very thick but some mouse skates are cheap enough, if you can find them for this model. The feet are very smooth over my Steelseries cloth mat, it practically glides itself, sort of like watching Curling on the TV.

All in all, worth a go for what they cost
on 21 May 2017
Was a bit worried by some of the poor reviews but didn't find any others that looked better so took the plunge. One year later and several hours a day every day, this has been a great mouse so far. No issues with the buttons or scroll wheel. The latter gets a lot of use and is often the first thing to pack up on a mouse but this one has been solid throughout. The quick access to three levels of sensitivity is great. The mouse is comfortable to use. My only gripe is the positioning of the forward/back buttons on the side. They need to be a little further forward and require something of a thumb contortion to operate. Other than that, this is a very good mouse.
on 1 January 2014
I bought this and it arrived 3 days earlier than the expected delivery date so i was not disappointed in that aspect. However, within only 2 days of having the product, the plastic on the left click had already broken off. I am by no means a rough gamer and do not believe that "clicking harder" makes your "bullets go faster" or what not. It just randomly broke off one day when I pressed the side button. Speaking of the side buttons, they feel so high up on the side in comparison to my old mouse that it made it ridiculously hard to press and the slim body was not a fit for my average sized hands at all. The soft touch material they claim for the mouse to have is hardly grippy and in fact is very very slippery. The on the fly switching of DPI is very handy and works a charm but the optical sensor on the bottom is not very good in my opinion. A Zoostorm mouse that bundled with a crappy pc has a better optical sensor that picks up movements better than the Gigabyte Force M7's optical sensor. I've had a Logitech MX620 Wireless mouse and that performs better than this mouse. I've had the logitech mouse for over 5 years now and that still beats this mouse. Stay away from this mouse, it's a bunch of problems.
review image
on 30 March 2017
I have been using this for around two years now and it still works as good as new!

There is some light wear on the buttons, but that's to be expected for it's age and frequency of use.

Response times are great and the speed settings are fantastic, being a gaming enthusiast they come in very handy when playing different styles of game play.

It is very comfortable in the hand thanks to it's ergonomic design and the weight behind it gives it a nice feel during movement, glide is smooth with a mouse pad.

For the price I would say it very easily competes with more expensive models.
on 30 April 2016
Although I really do like this mouse but after few months they go wrong, I have bought 2 others and they start to develop a problem, I click the button once but the PC responds like I've double or even triple clicked 60 - 70% of of the time and gets worse, I have larger then average hands so finding cheap reliable mice that fit comfortably is not easy. So if the third mouse starts to play up then I'm going with another brand, I am a gamer but I prefer to use the Xbox controller where ever possible, single player FPS, Driving sims.
on 29 June 2017
I used to have the previous version of this, the GM-M6680, not the GM-M6680X and honestly I preferred the old one but it is literally impossible to track down and buy, so I had to settle for this one. My minor complaint about this mouse over the regular version is (be warned this is a somewhat OCD complaint and if you are a sane person just buy the mouse its great) the mouse wheel, The mouse wheel has 3 main issues, firstly that it has small indents in them that make scrolling inconsistent sometimes when I am trying to make quick inputs in my games, secondly, that it is made of two separate pieces of rubber glued together so there is a small seam down the center (another OCD problem i know but these things get on my nerves) and Thirdly that the middle click is a little soft for my liking. But, overall it's a good mouse, however if you can get hold of the original GM-M6680 get that instead, it is better
on 22 April 2016
I bought this as a quick replacement due to yet another corsair M65 'gaming' mouse failing me and their customer service failing to help.

I'm happy to say this much cheaper mouse way out-performs the M65.
It has a much sturdier build quality, quicker response and much more ergonomic shape, all without the hefty price tag and bloated software; it's a simple plug and play mouse with the performance of a decent gaming mouse.

If I was to be very picky; a braided cable would be good to ensure longevity of the product, but all in all I'm very happy with this mouse.
on 7 September 2017
Just over a year after buying this mouse, the scroll wheel failed so I was compelled to write a mediocre review of a mediocre product. I expected a little more longevity from the Gigabyte brand and would encourage people to spend less if they expect just one year of use from a mouse. The ability to swap between DPI settings with the push of a button was useful, but the mouse came with no documentation and no drivers so I spent the first few uses wondering whether there really were different settings. Oh, and the rubber pads along the sides of the mouse peeled away within a few months as the adhesive just wasn't strong enough for regular use. I have now bought another mouse with better ergonomics, a greater DPI range, a more instructive box and manual and with less impact on the wallet. I think you should consider doing the same.
on 19 September 2017
When I bought the product I thought it gonna be a GAMING mouse (not at all).

Few year ago i bought Gigabyte GM-M6980X and I was very happy with it. Laser mouse + macro profile called Ghost make the GM-M6980X very good mouse for games etc. it stop respond on Click (heavy used 6 years) So now i got M8000XV2 and I was very happy from the Style and functioning. The most annoying part is the Left and Right Mouse Button sometime stick to the body of the mouse (it give you the feel is it sticking) when you Hold Button for example and it take "a few" (or 1) seconds before the Button back to the normal position.
From my point of view Buttons are shifting when you press them we bit harder and that give me no chance to Hold and Click same button quickly.
The texture of the buttons give you feeling like by holding rubber and using after while it give feeling that you fingers just stick to the button.

Overall the mouse is not bad. Ghost Software is "the same" and easy to use. But this can be replace now by Mouse Recorder for example.