Customer reviews

on 3 October 2010
As an A Level Drama Teacher, there is loads of great stuff in here for actually exploring in your lessons. Clear, easy to follow and they give some great music ideas too which I'm now getting from Itunes. It's worth getting. There are some bit early on in the book that went on a bit and were skipped, but towards the end all the devising chapters are excellent.
on 21 March 2011
I can't recommend this book highly enough.
Whether its how to start a piece of movement or how to fix a small section, this book is amazing to work with.
I'm currently about to perform my final theatre piece at university, and I owe a lot to this book, some truly beautiful work has come out of it.
This book has somehow made us look good!

If you need help with movement buy it!
on 28 October 2015
Loved the first edition and love this. Like the added photos too. Great value for money and a useful tool for teaching . Everything is in this book you need to deliver processes and devices for students . And a great book for a frantic fan
on 22 January 2017
I bought this book for use with my youth theatre and it has been fantastic. My group have a good bit of experience, but I think it would suit anyone looking to incorporate physical theatre into thier performances. What I found most useful was the breakdown of how Frantics movement sequences are created. Exploring their devising processes really helps us form are own. The only thing I would have liked would be a more technical breakdown of lifts. But over all sensational. Does not disappoint!!!
on 8 February 2014
this book is brilliant for people who aspire to become teachers it contains many helpful techniques and ideas of how to start a class.
on 20 April 2016
Great book, only concern is that it doesn't seem to have deeper context with each exercise.

the exercises are easy to understand and valuable, but there isn't a perception of the group on why we do these exercises and for what purpose.

For me I needed that as part of my learning in BA Drama & Performance.

Despite that it's a very useful book to begin Devising
on 26 January 2014
An account of this fantastic company's evolution with plenty of practise shared for professionals to adapt and work with. Inspirational for theatre practitioners and a must have for anyone serious about performing and teaching professionally.
on 16 February 2013
this was on a school drama course book list, so a necessary buy for us. It arrived quickly and in great condition so very happy thanks
on 13 May 2013
Great book which will help tremendously with what I want to do.. Packaging was right for the size of the book too. Well done all :-)
on 3 December 2012
Frantic Assembly are making Physical Theatre cool again and bringing this style to a wide range of people. The book is accessible.