Customer reviews

on 5 August 2017
Arrived as described and within the time scale indicated
on 12 November 2012
Lonely Planet is tried and true with its recommendations for eating, lodging, tours and such, but this book won't really invite and show you the "real" New Zealand. LonelyP basically shows you the touristy New Zealand that it has helped create, and everywhere you travel in New Zealand that is recommended in LP now seems overly touristy. In my opinion, if you want to get into the "real" New Zealand and immerse yourself in the natural wonders of the country, then be sure to get the NZ FRENZY guidebooks. Those books will guide you to the wonders, whereas LonelyP will provide you with the basics of lodging and eating and the other daily needs of travel. Get both and you'll be covered the best. Of the major guidebooks I think LonelyP is the most entertaining to read, especially compared to the dry and drab Fodor's and Frommers. It'd be nice to be able to purchase just one guidebook for NZ travel and that's why I rate this book as only three stars-- because now NZ Frenzy has raised the bar of expectations. Thus, now you should buy both this LonelyP and the Frenzy.
on 16 January 2013
I have the Kindle version. I found it quite hard to find my way around it without an index. I think I would have been better off with the book version.
on 18 November 2013
This is a first for me! I bought a hard copy of the book some weeks ago to help with our planning of a trip next year. The trouble was I could never pry it out of my husbands hands! Having bought my iPad for the trip to help keep in touch with family at home I decided that the best way to guarantee access would be to have my own copy.
The book is set out so well with terrific pictures and vital information for the traveller. I shall certainly buy future copies of this wonderful guided series for future trips.
on 5 August 2013
Information contained is up to scratch and worth the price. However, drastic improvements are needed to make the book easier to navigate navigate and flick between pages, like you would in an actual book.
on 24 March 2013
Delivered within time frame. Great book full of useful information, i've had the Australia lonely planet which was brilliant and helped me around Australia no problems, so i know when i eventually do New Zealand this book will do the same.
on 7 April 2014
Lonely planet guides set the standard easy to follow and containing the the necessary basic information with a good selection of high quality photo's.
on 23 April 2014
I visited New Zealand alone for three weeks last year, and this book was invaluable. It contains information about great sights and places to visit, in addition to helpful maps and tons of practical information about transport, local culture, and staying safe. I used it all the time during my holiday, and it never failed me!
on 27 February 2014
I love the Lonely Planet guides to countries and this is no exception. Up to date and accurate, gives all the information you could possibly need on New Zealand. There's even a handy pull out map in the back. Easy to use and split into handy sections so there's no trouble navigating the different areas.
on 13 March 2015
Its difficult to cover the whole of New Zealand in one book - the country has so much to see and do. This guide does an admiral job, well designed, good descriptions, helpful up-to-date information. It was an indispensable guide to our travels round the country.