Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change
Price:£23.99

on 18 November 2012
I have just bought the game and I love it. I have the Wii Zumba 2 and started to get a bit bored with it so was thrilled when this one came out.
The routines feel a bit harder than with the 2nd game but that could be me. There is a great mix of different styles of music. The best improvement however is that it tells you how long the classes are before you start.
You can really feel the calories burning after you finished with our exercise. I am not a very sporty person and generally only do it to loose weight but did 90 minutes today just because I enjoyed it so much :)
on 18 November 2012
Iam a Zumba instructor and this was is the best yet if you can't get to a class or to get your confidence up before joining a class ,even us instructors get great ideas in our classes from the Zumba games. I have just bought this and one for my sister for her birthday and she is also a Zumba instructor .WE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
on 13 November 2012
I have the other two Zumba games and there has been definite improvements in this new one. The music is fantastic and covers a whole range of genres. The dances are equally diverse, from ballet to jive to African dance alongside the more traditional salsa, cumbia and samba. The tutorials are very clear and helpful and definitely worth doing if you're a beginner or want a recap.
You can do single dances and have 40 to choose from. You can also do a class which are 20, 40 or 60 minutes. I tried a medium intensity 60 minute class yesterday and was sweating more than in my usual Zumba class by the end of it.
Although it is Zumba Core, don't be fooled into thinking it's sit-ups to Latin music - the workouts are fast and can be intense and give your whole body a workout.
The graphics are much improved and are as life-like as can be. It's also really nice to see a couple of new instructors alongside the old favourites.
You can monitor your progress, set goals and unlock mini videos which are short but interesting.

I'm a huge Zumba fan but was a little wary of purchasing this as I prefer my classes and DVDs and wasn't totally thrilled with the other 2 Wii Zumba games. However, this week, I've abandoned class to stay in and do this! It's motivating, fun and I really enjoy dancing along (irregardless of what I must look like!)

Definitely recommended :-)
33 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 December 2013
It's Christmas day 2013 and I bought this as a present for myself, out of curiosity.
My family watched as I worked up and sweat after breakfast.
This is the best work out I have ever had - even better still, it's FUN!
It is my first ever Zumba anything and I did 1 x full class plus a warm up and I need to go take a shower.
I'm not fat just unfit!
I must admit that I am slowly hooked!
I received 2 bronze medals, 1 silver burnt 191 calories within 25 odd minutes.
Very impressed with this work out!
When I shake a little more weight off I'll start attending external Zumba classes, or I may just invite my friends around to compete.. not sure.

CONS:
The belt doesn't seem to hold the Wii remote as securely as I would have liked it to but it didn't come out of the pocket thingy.
I was shaking my abs off and it stayed put but I just wish it were a little more snug.

You need quite a bit of space to move about.
on 5 May 2014
Great game but once you reach level 9 it crashes at the end of every workout. You get a continual tone and system locks up. This is a common fault and does spoil the enjoyment as you cannot progress any further. I bought this from Amazon and hope to find a fix.

Review update. Manufacturer of game admits the locking up when you reach level 9 is a manufacturing fault and no one will be able to advance from level 9. Unwilling to help or replace with another game. I'm surprised this is still being sold when the manufacturer knows this fault exists.
on 14 July 2013
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! It is lot better than the Original Zumba dvd version in my opinion. I dont have the 1st and 2nd of the wii version. It did not appeal to me when they were new on the market. After reading some negative reviews on top of it, I thought forget it, I'm not buying the wii version of Zumba. After a while, I get bored with the songs in the Zumba dvd itself! I need something new to combine with the basic steps of the Original Zumba. Thanks to those who wrote the reviews for the above product, I found what I was looking for, to boost up my Zumba regime!.As any product mostly be, the latest tends to improve and supersedes the previous.Most points have been mentioned by the other buyers so, I am just adding on a bit more here. Each song comes with low, medium or high intensity indication. Which I find very helpful. There are few songs which are actually meant for warming up or cooling down...fab! On days where you want to go easy, just pick up those low or medium songs, likewise, if you are feeling energetic and want to run the house down, the selections are there. What I love most about the Zumba Core is, there is no timing on the screen. It puts me off seeing how many more minutes is left before you complete the task. Lastly, you dance hands free ...remote in the belt's pocket and you are good to go. No holding remote business, no holding stick, nothing! Just dance! (Having said that, I think I'm going to ditch the Zumba dvds after this..lol!) All in all, it was worth the penny.
on 26 November 2012
This is the best of the 3 Zumba tapes. It is less Dancey than the other 2 tapes and is more fitness and Toning to Zumba music. It is described as Zumba Core but I would suggest that it probably works less well on the abs than floor work such as sit ups and crunchies would but it is probably excellent for toning the legs, thighs, bum, and waist. There is a lot of stretching with lunges squats knee bends and kicks. Would therefore recommend this tape for strethening muscles to avoid injury. I attend Zumba Toning classes 3 times a week and this tape is similar to what is done in these classes albeit without weights which would be needed for a total tone as opposed to core tone. Good quality sound and picture. Feedback is similar to Zumba 2 with feedback coming up on screen progress shown at end of dance by means of stars max5 and calories burnt shown at end of the programme. Most tapes don't have much variety between each production but all 3 of the Zumba tapes offer something different so well worth the expense.
on 11 November 2012
Just had this brought for me, it's a hard work out to start with, as i'm not the fitest person in the world haha! :-), but once you get co-ordinated it's a Great work out. Give it a go !
on 13 November 2012
This arrived yesterday after pre-ordering. I previously owned Zumba Fitness 2 on the Wii, and really enjoyed it. This game focuses on your core and is a lot harder than the last game. With the last one, I tended to jump straight in without learning the moves, but I think for this one it will be worth going through the step routines first. You have to put your all into this game to get the best workout from it.

It's got several improvements on the last game, such as telling you which songs focus on Core or Cardio, or whether they're a Cool Down song. With the classes, it also gives you an approximate time for the workout which is really helpful as the last one didn't do this. You can also unlock videos of the instructors etc as you go along which is a great bonus.

Would really recommend this game for someone looking for a fun workout, just put into it what you want to get out of it.
on 13 February 2014
I was a bit skeptical about buying this with some of the negative reviews but I'm so glad I decide to get it I love it!! Have been on it everyday since I recieved it a week ago, it is just so much fun and a great work out at the same time!!! And don't worry if you are uncoordinated and have two left feet like me....I can't follow it exactly but after a week have now picked up some of the steps and the rest will come with time......but as long as you are trying you will get a great workout and figure out the moves eventually!! The music is great, really diverse and upbeat, bright vibrant colours, lots of different options to choose from. Overall a big thumbs up!!!