on 10 February 2015
It was an easy read but not quite what I was expecting.

Far too much of the book was dedicated to his career before joining the ambulance service and although providing some background was far, far too much - to the point I almost gave up.

When it came to stories from his paramedic days there wasn't enough detail - I came away wanting to know more about some of the incidents.

An OK book but there are plenty of better books telling tales of paramedic life.
on 25 January 2016
It was very long winded for ages trying to get to the paramedic part!! I'm afraid I gave up without having reached that part and I was nearly half way through the book. It should be retitled The Life and Times Leading up to Becoming a Kiwi Paramedic.
on 17 October 2013
Although set in New Zealand the experiences of this paramedic we're very similar to those in the U.K. I enjoyed this book and would recommend to readers who enjoy medical autobiographies.
on 24 October 2014
Excellent book that has shortened my train journeys and certainly given me a more deeper appreciation of the work of the ambulance service.
on 30 June 2013
All round good read no fancy explanations just plain truth gives an honest insight to the life of a paramedicwould recommend this book
on 9 September 2013
This is an absorbing read, written with compassion and humour. It's well-padded with real-life, and isn't too heavy, thank goodness
on 30 July 2015