Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 October 2013
As my reviews of Vittorio Grigòlo's previous albums on the Sony label clearly show, I am a complete admirer of his tenor's voice and his art. Nevertheless I put his new CD in my player with a degree of aprehension. Was this another sugary compilation of sweet sacred melodies so apt for the upcoming Christmas? I have had enough of those. Fortunately, this is a very different kind of disc. There are of course some predictable pieces, from Franck's Panis Angelicus to Schubert's Ave Maria, but most of the tracks in the album are very little known and previously unrecorded songs of prayer that Vittorio learned and sung with the priests of the legendary Sistine Chapel Choir in the Vatican, of which he was a member from the age of 11 to 14. The children of the actual choir join the grown up artist in several of them and they both sound heavenly. Many of these pieces may not be great music, but all of them are pleasant to hear and have a profound significance in the artist's forming years and it shows. Grigòlo probably has never sung more from the heart than he has here. And in an age of mostly technical and inexpressive singing that is not a quality to be underestimated. So heartly recommended.
on 23 November 2013
A truly inspiring cd. Some music I knew others I didn't but I play it all the time! It calms me down, puts me into a tranquil state of mind. Can't wait to see Vittorio sing it live on stage.
on 10 December 2013
I absolutely love this cd. What a beautiful voice Vittorio has! I have played it over and over again and i don't think i will ever tire of it.
on 24 January 2014
This is a beautiful, restful group of pieces. Vittorio has a gorgeous voice and lovely interpretation. I particularly liked Panis Angelicus
on 14 December 2013
Vittorio Grigolo has a beautiful voice this CD is all I expected and more really love it and play it over and over
on 4 November 2015
good album and arrived on time
on 24 February 2015
Cannot get enough of his voice
on 27 October 2014
one great voice
on 19 August 2014
Very happy
on 5 November 2013
Grigolo is sticking to his usual style - he may have a good voice but I find his quivering very irritating and insincere. He always sounds as if he is crying his way through every song. Fortunately, I listened to most of the songs on this cd beforehand, saving myself from spending money on buying album.