on 24 March 2017
Oh my life, what a ride! From the get-go I fell in love with the dashing captain and was captivated by the author's introduction of Moira, who for all the world reminded me of Jessie out of Toy Story. Each of the characters were well-drawn and had unique personalities, even down the to long-suffering shipmate who, like a thorn in your side, irritated the hell out of you but somehow you just warmed toward him, as you felt sorry for him.

Throughout the beautifully crafted sentences, I began to think, goodness, once this lady gets a few more books under her belt she will good. So when I came to review, I was surprised to see she was already a best selling author. Not that I have any qualms about her characterisation, her plot or any of the other myriad of things we writer's see in other's work, but, and it is a big that lends itself to a 4 star rating as opposed to a 5. The POV (point of view) is apt to change mid-section and whilst it doesn't really detract from the storyline, it does jar those of us who have worked with a good editor and know full well that if a chapter is coming from one POV, then you CANNOT portray the thoughts of the others in that 'scene' or chapter. As I say, my only qualm, but a very enjoyable voyage of discovery into the writing of this lady.
on 26 October 2015
I enjoyed this mainly well written account of sea battles and love
on 11 December 2013
A really good read, very well written. It's your standard regency romance, boy and girl meet, fall in love, stuff happens, they live happily ever after. Only it also contains pirates and a really good dose of humour. Some of the descriptions are hilarious. A must read, especially for 0.77p!
on 28 October 2013
Stirs many emotions this book. A good plot and brilliant characters keeping suspense throughout. I would have preferred a ending further into the future.
on 3 December 2016
this is the first book ive read by Danelle Harmon but it wont be the last.I really enjoyed this book and i loved Mira and the fact she no shy quite damsel a very good read would recommended it
on 19 June 2013
This was a brilliant book to read it had me laughing a lot and again I just couldn't put the book down I needed to know what happened next.
I could read these again but next I've got lady pirate to read I would definitely recommend Danielle Harmon`s book`s I've read most of her`s and loved all of them so can't wait to read the others.
on 13 October 2014
Great read
on 7 April 2015
Great read, well written and thoroughly enjoyed the story
on 5 June 2016