Greatest Ever Christmas Songs
Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 16 November 2015
If like me, you like soul and Tamla Motown, you will find a lot to like on this Christmas CD, as well as a lot of established favourites from across the decades, like Chris de Burgh's 'A Spaceman Came Travelling', Slade's 'Merry Christmas Everybody' and The Darkness' 'Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)'.

The soul and Tamla input covers Christmas classics like Stevie Wonder doing 'Little Drummer Boy', James Brown's 'Merry Christmas Baby', The Supremes covering 'Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer', along with Love Unlimited's cracking 'It May Be Winter Outside (But In My Heart It's Spring).'

It isn't all secular songs, Smokey Robinson does a medley of Away in A Manger and The Coventry Carol. Elaine Paige also covers The Coventry Carol, which was the stand-out track of her Eighties Christmas album.
There are a couple of offbeat inclusions; I'm not sure what Judy Collins' 'Amazing Grace' is doing on this album, and I'd never heard of Marvin Gaye's 'Purple Snowflakes' until now (and I thought I was a fan!).

Overall though this is a cracking, low-budget CD to get you in the Christmas spirit. Even if you aren't a soul and Tamla fan there's plenty of classics here to keep you happy at a much lower cost than you'd pay for other compilations.
4 people found this helpful
on 31 January 2014
Ok I expected a lot of the songs to be repeats of what I already own but I did expect more of the songs to be by Original artists or at least sung the way way they were supposed to sound.Some of the Artists tried to add their interpretation of some of the classics which were painful to listen to. I know I have become a bit of an "Oldie" but even my son and his friends agreed it was Crap!! Will end up buying one of them ipod things and cherrypick the decent songs,
14 people found this helpful
on 28 April 2014
I was looking at two boxed sets at the time I ordered. I think I ordered the wrong one. There were songs on this that I have never heard before, hardly "Greatest Ever". Conversely there were really good songs missing. I won't be playing this much, not even at Christmas.
10 people found this helpful
on 9 January 2014
When I first saw the est arrival date I was really thinking of cancelling but What the hell it only left me with 354 days till I could play it (joking). I received the item over a week before the estimated time. I have run all three discs and checked for any little hiccups and once again I'm impressed. For what I paid I am pleased with the outcome. I would have no problem purchasing from the seller in the future but I think it would be before the Christmas rush next time
on 20 January 2018
I just wanted some Christmas songs that were a little more modern to the ones I already had, this filled what I wanted. All good, I would buy from this seller again 10/10
on 27 November 2012
Go on! You know you want to.. Get some cheesy christmas songs on and get into the festive mood! To be honest, there's lots of old and new stuff on these cds, mostly good though and great value for money.
13 people found this helpful
on 17 November 2017
Good quality for the price .very pleased .some good Xmas songs on the cd .lady di
on 26 December 2017
Quite a few I have never heard of on here but hey that's what the next button is for😃
on 23 June 2013
Good collection of Christmas songs and music,I would recommend it to anyone who likes to play the songs as background and for a party.Only prob,some good songs and artists are missing.
4 people found this helpful