on 18 January 2013
OK, the bag seems to have been made of some quality material, and looks really nice! That's the positive.

I contacted Targus before ordering the bag online to find out whether this bag is waterproof or not. The product description doesn't say that it is waterproof, but given that Targus claims the bag has a "Military grade ballistic nylon exterior; non-abrasive and snag resistant", I thought it could be waterproof too, so I decided to send Targus an email. Here's the response I received:

"Our bag is made of Nylon and Polyester. It should protect your computer form the rain."

I thought great, so I went ahead and ordered it, also happily waiting an extra three weeks for delivery, only to be disappointed within 2 minutes of inspecting the bag! I'm hugely disappointed in Targus!

You may have noticed that the bag hides the handle away inside a zipped compartment when it's not in use. That zipped compartment goes straight to the inside of the bag, so once you open that zip, there's no protection anymore! Roll the bag in rain, and the next thing you know is that the bag is filled up with water (literally!)

That is a ridiculous design! This bag would be unusable even under the lightest rain! So, if you're happy to keep the roller handle hidden away in a rainy weather, or you don't plan to use the bag at all when raining, go ahead and buy. For me, it's a major flaw, and definitely a showstopper. If you're like me and want a bag that is usable in rain, don't even think about it, just pass it!

By the way, I've added a photo so that you can see!
review image
on 18 January 2015
Nice and easy to pack as everything has a place of its own and holds a lot of equipment and still has room for some clothes.