Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 24 June 2017
A book about a married couple Josie and Finn who have a young boy George who suffers from ADHD. I don' think I really understood what it was fully until I read this book. Josie ends up coping with it mostly on her own as Finn is working all the time. So she turns to her best friend Clarky a lot for help. With a second baby on the way , tensions in the household rise and where will it all end?

I found myself much preferring Clarky to Finn! Life just isn't fair most of the time. A book about a husband and wife and a friend - a kind of love triangle. One that I am sure that exists in many relationships.

Another wonderful book by Alice Peterson
on 17 April 2017
I rather enjoyed this book which flowed well and kept me interested from start to finish.
on 2 January 2014
Loved this book , such a moving story.
The characters are very well written, little George ADHD which is something I had heard of but never fully understood but have a insight now. Loved the character George and how he interacted with his mother Josie.
Wanted to slap Finn alot of the time.... why do men think it's up to us mums to do 98% of parenting !!

Overall a very well written story, written by a genuinely nice, friendly author Alice Peterson, well done Alice xx
on 17 May 2017
I really easy to read book
on 17 September 2012
I had only read one other Alice Peterson book but liked her style so much I decided to go for this one. It did not disappoint.She portrays her characters so well. She writes about ADHD with such understanding! As a mother of a child who was diagnosed with ADHD, I could hardly breathe while reading what Josie was going through. Oh I do remember dreading phone calls from school. She must have done so much research. I loved the bit where Emma reports that Nat had 5 people in his car, heartwarming because it made me realise how far my son has come too.
The only bit that jarred for me was where Clarky did not tell Finn the correct time for the swimming. I had Clarky down as so nice, helpful and supportive that I didn't think he would stoop so low. Yes, I was swept along with the plot and the characters. A great read!!
on 29 March 2017
This book was really enjoyable. The only thing that I didn't like was that there were no headings to the chapters. This made it difficult to know whether it was in the past or the present of their lives, as it kept alternating between the two.. It was good to the end. I just loved George.
on 13 March 2017
Have read a number of these books by this author. This is the one story that was predictable and boring. No depth to the characters and a bland genre. Flirted from a adhd issues to romance. Skimmed pages to get to the end.
on 17 February 2008
Nice simple reading. This was easy enough to read over the course of an afternoon curled up on the sofa. It is a story that might be close to quite a few people's hearts. When you have a best friend it can be easy for your partner to be jealous, when that friend is a person of the opposite sex; then it must be all the more difficult. Add in to the equation that one friend is actually in love with the other, the challenges increase.

A book that is very well written with lots of thoughtful moments. There are times when you just want to bang Josie and Finn's heads together and actually Clarky's for that matter. The characters are so well described by Alice Peterson that you really feel like you know them, which for me is exactly what you need in a book describing relationships and the emotions that go with them. This was a pleasure to read because of its simplicity, realism and honesty. An author I would enjoy reading more from.
on 3 March 2017
A bit "boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, relationship hits problems" but fun read nevertheless. I felt the ending was a little rushed rather than the characters going through some heartfelt emotions. Seemed a little simplistic / idealistic.
on 21 March 2017
This is a really great book with an easy to follow storyline and characters. Her description of being a mother of a child with ADHD was both comforting (in knowing she had captured it so well) and heartbreaking. I definitely recommend this book.