on 16 October 2014
Great, fitted easily into my HP Pavillion and now I can again download from my Sony FX1E HD camera. Incidentally it didn't say in the requirements but it works perfectly on Windows 8.1 and the device manager found the new hardware automatically. I was up and running in minutes. Thank you a great relief.
on 9 August 2015
Card installed easily without need for driver disc. Sometimes takes a while for the connection to be recognised by my video editing software but that may be down to the software itself or the speed of the computer. Once the connection is visible it has so far worked flawlessly.
on 13 January 2015
I thought I was buying a standard 1349 connector and had no clue what PCI Express meant.
So, it is absolutely no use but this is my own fault.
If anyone wants it just send me an address Cheers.
88 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 November 2015
I was replacing my previous FireWire as windows 10 did not seem to support it. Reading the reviews and questions would suggest that windows 10 supports this card, but this does not seem to be the case. Fitting it was reasonably easy and it appears to have the choice of two drivers installed on this, but my Video Editing software does not see it.

Tried to see if the manufacturers could help, but they have no way (that I can see) to contact them and neither do they have a support page. So at the moment, unless one of you can help, this has not been a successful install!
on 22 July 2013
Arrived promptly in a retail blister pack. Plugged straight in to a spare slot in the Window 8 PC and worked without any further effort. The video software recognised it immediately and allowed full normal downloads from a DV tape camcorder, thus allowing an extended lease of life from would otherwise have become obsolete technology. Newer PCs do not have Firewire ports, which is a pity as it is still technically a very fast transfer mechanism. This card does the job perfectly well so there is no need to spend silly sums finding an alternative or new camcorder.
on 3 August 2015
Excellent, have been trying for a long time to transfer my Hi8 digital tapes from my Sony camcorder to my computer. The Digitus firewire card was easy to install and Windows 7 immediately found the correct drivers so I was up and running straight away
One note, it did not work with the firewire cable supplied but when I used my original one it was ok.
Would thoroughly recommend.
on 4 June 2014
Installation of the card was very simple and it worked without any problem. It even came with a connector cable, which could have been useful but I already had one.
on 20 November 2015
I finally decided to dump all of my Hi 8 and mini DV tapes to disk. This card works pretty much flawlessly in my PC running Windows 8.1 alongside the JVC GR-DX97 mini DV camcorder. I've also tried a SAMSUNG Mini-DV camcorder and that worked fine too. I still have to try the digital 8 camcorder, I'll post an update when I get around to it.

The card didn't get recognised the first time i booted up, so I removed and reseated and it was picked up. The drivers were installed automatically and showed up in device manager.

Using adobe premiere CC to do the capture it captured without any frames dropped at all and the quality is very good.

My machine is an FX 6 core CPU, gigabyte motherboard (970).

The only issue is temperamental mini DV camcorder. I'm hoping once I've dumped them all I never have to use it again :-).
on 16 February 2015
Works a charm. Bought it to connect my Sony DV camcorder to transfer video from tapes. Installed into free PCIe slot, booted into Windows 8.1 64bit, no driver needed. Connected camcorder, driver installed by Windows automatically. Went to Premiere Pro CC, Capture, all going well. 2 tapes done, no frames dropped. Happy days.
Side note - comes with 4pin to 6pin cable. Even better. No need for separate purchase to connect camcorder.
Highly recommend.
on 8 March 2015
Inserted card & plugged in with cable. Started pc. Switched on Sony DV camera. Immediately recognised and choice of handling software offered. Selected my preferred package and started transferring. This is on a Windows 8.1 Asus desktop.