on 4 July 2016
The wife and I had been discussing buying a record player to cement our new found post-marriage hipster status.
we googled 'best budget record players' and a list made by The Independant named this particular deck. There recommendation plus the bargain £39.99 price tag was too tempting so we ordered.
It arrived the day after, compactly packaged and easy to set up within 5 minutes. So far it seems idiot proof and extremely simply to operate.
In terms of sound quality we can't complain at all, sure as a lot of other reviews state it is a bit tinny but do consider the fact the speakers are small and integrated. At top volume it sounds very good (though slightly lacking bass) but doesn't hit neighbour annoying volumes.
Overall if you want a first, basic but quality record player you can't go far wrong with this. It's fairly featureless (play and volume being the only options) but really what more do you want?
review image
on 22 July 2015
Looking for a good record player,give it a try I thought,great little item just what I wanted,terrific delivery next day,great value.....
on 22 September 2014
Worth every penny would recommend any one wanting to listen to some old vinyl it also looks good thanks for excellent delivery service
on 29 October 2014
this machine has increased in price since I bought it, and it wasn't worth what I paid for it! It broke within 6 record sides and had to be returned. Amazon refunded the cost so happy with the customer service on that front, but not the product itself.
on 13 January 2015
Good value and perfectly adequate
on 22 January 2011
does everything it says on the packet. got it to play my mothers old albums. sound is excellent, even plays the warped disks. very good and a reasonable price would recommend.
0Comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 September 2011
my dad love listening to his old records, clear sound good quality, great value for the money thats all really
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 March 2011
Bought this for my mother-in-law who wanted to be able to listen to her old records. It arrived very quickly and she is delighted with it. She can operate it easily and is enjoying using it.
0Comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 October 2011
I decided to get one of these in order that i could play all my 33s & 45s again, and its a great little machine for the price, cant knock it really!
on 31 July 2014
Total waste of money for me.

Very poor sound, even when plugged into a proper sound system. Very tinny sound with no bass at all. Even a subwoofer doesn't make any different, because it doesn't pick up any of the low frequencies in the first place...so the sub is practically ineffective. If you want your records to sound how they should, then don't listen to them on this. Waste of time and £50.