on 9 August 2013
A quick and easy read, but so much so that it felt like it could have been written in a rush on a wet Sunday afternoon, with little structure or cohesiveness. Having already bought a decent digital camera (not a DSLR) and wanting help to move beyond simple 'point and click' snapshots, I found large parts of this very small book irrelevant. The introduction covers why you may want to take photos, then it explains the different types of cameras very briefly, but only gave examples of a few DSLR cameras that may be suitable for novices. Sections on shutter speed and use of a tripod were fine, though I felt none the wiser on 'panning' which felt poorly explained. It lacked coverage of aperture, ISO and other aspects I really did want to know about, but went on for a fair proportion of this brief book on photo editing software pros and cons.

I think it took me 15 minutes to read the book and I found perhaps three or four minutes of that useful to my needs. Not a great buy for me.
on 22 March 2014
This book gives guidance on cameras, lenses and shooting possibilities. All in all, I feel a little let down with a lack of explanation. Basically with a digital camera just shoot and experiment and sort out what works best and when.
on 3 August 2015
I felt this book did not give me the information I wanted.
on 29 June 2014
Good reading and a great help for beginners
on 4 May 2015
Great starter read
on 4 June 2014
I am a complete novice but this book did not tell me anything that I did not already know or could have worked out for myself with a bit of common sense. Thank God it was only 77 pence.
on 26 October 2014
A very basic and thought provoking book. Great for beginners to get there teeth into and great for those who have already started and want to know that they are doing all the right things.
on 29 January 2014
Good to get you started, worth reading. Just getting back into photography, and this is a good refresher very good.
on 15 January 2013
As a beginner this was ok gave some useful tips. As it says it is for absolute beginners it was ok for what it cost
on 8 January 2013
Like many people I have had a digital camera for years. This book told me how to use it properly.
Simple practical advice, without being confusing or overly technical.
Take what you need from the book as you progress.
Take pictures, take pride, enjoy photography.
Gave this to my daughter to read, she is already improving.