Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 15 July 2011
I used to love this tv programme, I was so happy when I saw that Amazon had the dvd for sale., and I bought it straight away.
It is a double dvd set but only has 3 episodes of the series on each disc, the picture quality isn't wonderful but quite acceptable,or at least it was to me. I have been in touch with Scottish TV to see if they are bringing out the complete series of Take the High Road, I do hope they do, otherwise this one dvd would have been rather pointless.

I loved the series and I loved watching it again, it brought back so many memories, my daughter, when she was 7 met most of the cast up in Luss nr Loch Lomond, they were all so kind to her, she is now 32 and still "loves" Dougal!!.

Please STV bring out the complete series.
on 2 April 2013
I loved watching tthr on tv and was very sorry when it was axed.
My daughter was very young when it was shown on the tv,we travelled to Scotland quite a it as my hubby is Scottish and we saw tthr being filmed and met most of the cast.
I was thrilled when I saw it was on DVD and purchased it.The quality isn't good especially the picture quality but having loved the series that much I contacted Scottish tv to see if they were bringing more episodes out on DVD,I was told a very definite NO, they told me I could watch it on YouTube which isn't what I wanted.
They have obviously changed their minds as they have brought additional disc's..
I have purchased them as they bring back happy memories but. The quality needs to be improved.
on 27 June 2013
I used to watch this way back in the 80s and longed for it to be released, but knew somehow it would be years before that were to happen. Soaps like this should be OWNED by us the viewers who helped make these shows the classics that they are. Neighbours have started releasing their early episodes as have Emmerdale. But will the trend continue? Could we soon be buying Seasons of Home and Away or Coronation Street....how about every episode of Brookside or Crossroads! Anyway, enjoy again this timeless piece of soap history. Only downside to this....the cost. Surely would've been better to present these releases as season by season boxsets. I give this release 4/5 stars because of the companies greed in the cost.....but the stars are really for the fact that we can keep forever those great soap moments.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 September 2011
STV really must be desperate or greedy or both! Six half hour episodes over two discs at that price!! Why bother insulting the public! The show was an afternoon soap in ten of the 14 ITV regions when it was screened years ago. Only four regions in Northern Ireland, Scotland and the Border region had a peak time transmission for the show.
Would you really want 100s and 100s of 3 episode discs when STV have THE WHOLE SERIES on youtube anyway!
STV you have no business sense at all. You deprive your viewers of decent British drama and fob your audience off with old US shows or cheap Australian imports which have been shown on cable already. You then decide to release much of your material on Youtube so it is FREE for anyone to watch. Why bother with this dvd? One of their Youtube channels where you can see Take The High Road is STVDramas.
The sooner STV disappears and the licence for the two Channel 3 regions in Scotland is given to somebody else, the better!

As a series itself, STV should be proud of their history and their previous commitment to decent local programming. Take The High Road ran for years and was only taken off the ITV network by London based executives. Eventually all ITV regions resumed the series at their own pace anyway. The sad fact was that STV had had to cut down to one episode a week following it's removal from the network

Watch the whole lot in all it's glory on Youtube
on 6 July 2014
Hypnotic.
on 26 December 2012
this was a great show. I had only seen a few episodes as I was working full time when it was shown on ABC TV. I am looking forward to see more as I know the area quite well having being brought up in Glasgow. I want to see as much as possible bearing in mind I am now 80.
on 10 April 2013
I ordered this dvd as i used to watch 'Take The High Road' when it was on tv.
I really enjoyed the dvd.Nice to see some of the old faces again
I would recomend it.
on 1 December 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed going back down memory road watching these episodes. Can't wait to watch the second dvd. The dvd arrived very quickly and was in good condition.
on 23 August 2011
Although i enjoyed watching this series again I feel it was not good value for money. there were over 1000 episodes of this programe originally so 6, 30 mins episodes for over £10 is not really worth it. just think how much it would cost if they were all available on dvd, great to watch it again though.
on 24 January 2013
Enjoyed as much as the first time I watched it on television all those years ago.
Would recommend to people who want to be reminded of happy memories.