on 1 June 2014
Handy and better-priced than some competitors.

Good sound: warm, rich, good bass, sparkly trebles and powerful mids.
Easy peasy to set up and get going
Decent volume
The carry bag is a nice touch and good that you can use it as a cover with no loss of sound quality
Great design and the 3.5mm lead fitted into the base is a great idea
Solid, robust - and better than several others at a higher price (eg I would go for this over the Bose)

On the down side it's not light (about 1kg), and at that level you have to think twice about it as a travel companion.
The main downside for me is that sound begins to distort once you get to about "7" on the scale - I've tried lowering input at source level as well as on the speaker and it makes no difference.

Ultimately went for the Minx Go, about the same price but even better sound.
on 21 January 2013
Got this in a lighting sale. For the reduced price is worth it but anywhere near the full price would be too much.
Connects well with anything I have tried but the built in volume controls do not always work with my dell xps laptop - think it is something to do with the bluetooth settings- but nor sure what.Always OK with my phone or playbook.
With the playbook connected sound is as good as any of the similar sized units out there, jawbone, shoqbox etc -- as long as you are not expecting to be deafened by it the volume is good enough for its intended uses.
Would be nice if had two way control but was not prepared to pay the extra money for a make/model that would have that.
Battery life is good and charging is quick enough.
I think all the decent small bluetooth speakers are overpriced but if you can get this for a reasonable amount then it is OK
on 7 March 2013
I love this speaker and I travel everywhere with mine. I've had hotel room complaints from it which must mean it is indeed awesome.
Yeah it weighs 600g but if it didn't, the sound would suck.

Buy it. Thats all the review you need.
on 9 September 2014
Many others have detailed the technical spec, bells and whistles of this Jabra Soulmate speaker. I just want to say I really love it. During the summer I've spent a lot of time in the garden and having music from my iPhone library keep me company has been excellent.

Apart from the sound quality and ease of use I particularly like the protective bag that comes with the unit - a really thoughtful touch. As I've been creating a lot of dust, and there's been a few spots of rain on occasions, it's been good to know that my superb Soulmate has been protected from the elements.

Thoroughly recommended!
on 13 November 2013
The quality of this speaker is impressive! The material seems solid over the time and the soft-touch buttons are pleasant.
The first time I turned it on I was amazed by the basses, quite deep for such a little device! Overall the sound is really good.
This is a good compromise sound system for a room but not a living room or for a party.
I don't put 5 stars because I have some issues with the bluetooth. It works every other time with my tablet (MS Surface). Results are better with my phone (Wiko Cink Peax). Hence it might be my tablet...

Anyway go for it, it's a (very) good value for money!
on 24 February 2014
I've owned one of these great speakers for close to a year now; it's well and truly burned in sound-wise, and I can say that I'm still impressed with the sound quality, despite the small size. The only minor gripe I had initially was the slightly annoying voice which chimes in when certain things happen, like connecting bluetooth or the battery getting low (fortunately this feature can be turned off by holding the volume-down button while turning the speaker on). Overall I'd be more than happy to recommend this speaker to anyone looking for a mighty sound from a mini package...
on 10 August 2014
The hardware is good. Sound is a bit flat / mono sounding. But loud for unit size. When connecting it plays loud music on a loop that you can not mute or turn down. There is a dumb American voice statement about "turn on your phone's Bluetooth" it's loud and repeats and guess what, I'm not connecting a phone all the time! So the firmware let's it down. Also there was no code in my product to use with the app. The app let's you customise audio etc. Why you need a code to get the app to work is beyond me. Who can misuse or use the app without the hardware!
on 3 June 2013
After doing a lot of research on-line and going to high street stores; for the small size and okay price this is the best small speaker for music. I still think it a little over priced, however without spending a lot more money, the SoleMate gives the fullest bass than its competition due to the separate woofer AND radiator packed into this little unit, and is clearer too than other well known speakers in this category. The DSP I think takes a bit too much control and seems to counteract any EQ done at source, but overall would definitely recommend.
on 21 June 2013
I'd being looking for a bluetooth battery speaker for weeks to go with my new HTC one, I looked at the jambox but the bass was very poor as were so many others.Then I found the jabra....this lovely speaker not only looks and feel's quality the sound is amazing.it's so easy to set up with your phone and the battery life is also very good.I have a Bose sound wave in the kitchen and used to move that to the garden for my music,not no more,don't get me wrong it's no Bose replacement but for the cost of the unit it is my new solemate.
on 19 November 2013
Chunky, robust and neat design. Very easy to set-up.Sound quality is excellent even at high volume. Big bass response from such a small unit.