Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 8 February 2013
This is an outstanding 70s soul album. The first reviewer of this Album is absolutely right. I have had the LP of this for many years and it still gets regular plays. However it is a couple of the bonus tracks that are a revelation for me, the single version of So Tied Up comes across with more emotion than the version that appears as the final track on the LP. Signed Miss Heroin, while obviously indebted to James Browns King Heroin, is reminiscent of Norman Whitfield era Temptations. All in all a fantastic release that deserves to be at the top of the list of anyone interested in soul music.
on 9 May 2015
I've loved this Deep Soul album ever since I finally managed to get my hands on a copy in 1974 having first heard about it from reading a review in Blues & Soul magazine - the internet makes life so much easier! Very glad to now have a CD version. Has it dated? Well, of course it has. But compare it with any soul album from the same period - and it's hard to think of many as good as this one. This is a showcase of a Master Songwriter's art - I don't think Sam Dees would ever claim to be a great vocalist but these are his songs and the emotion he puts in to them is unmistakable. Just beautiful.
on 29 May 2016
Not being familiar with Sam Dees I bought this album after reading the various reviews.I have to agree this is an exquisite album full feeling.Opening track Child of the Streets & Troubled Child being personal favourites.Highly recommended.
on 7 June 2013
I have just purchased this C,D,not knowing what to expect. my god i am so glad i did , this is one of the best soul c,ds i have ever heard in my life, definately in my top 3.thank you amazon
on 21 February 2013
As first two reviews say up there with the absolute very best soul albums of all time. I actually had my vinyl copy transferred to CD years ago but when Atalntic/Rhino released this as part of thier 30 great soul box set I couldn't resist Listen, enjopy and ask what happened to soul like this.
on 29 August 2014
voted by many as one of the best soul albums of all time. for a real soul fan - a must for your collection. quality 70's soul that still sounds the business today.
on 5 January 2015
Classic Modern Soul album on a Japanese edition cd at an unbelievable price, highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 17 March 2013
A truly classic album and the peak of Sam's own recording. This release is long awaited and is in good sound quality and with extra tracks. Highly recommended to fans of the classic soul sound. It's not as immediate as more pop-soul sounds, it rewards relistening and will be returned to as a cherished album throughout your life.
on 27 November 2014
Fantastic cd. old school deep soul of the highest quality.
on 2 December 2012
I was aware of the reputation of this album as a 'lost masterpiece of 70's soul' and of the talent of Dees both as a vocalist, mainly through the Ace/Kent CD issues of unreleased demos, and as a song writer via the multitude of hits he's written for other artists. Indeed, I saw him perform in London back in the 90's.

All in all this is a fine album - Dees has a versatile, expressive voice and he delivers songs in a variety of tempos and styles ranging from heartfelt ballads to funky groovers - maybe not quite living up to the reputation it has garnered over the years but nevertheless well worth a place in any soul music collection (albeit in mp3 format) especially at this very reasonable price.