Customer reviews

A grate way to get into the sound of UB40
on 4 June 2017
excellent
on 5 March 2013
I have always been meaning to buy the album UB44 for a long time. I had a number of the songs from a John Peel session for many years and had really enjoyed them. However, time went by and I never bought the full album.
I went to purchase the download version but was highlighted to the fact for a further £5 I could have the other first 4 albums released by UB40 as well....a no brainer really.
I already have an old vinyl copy of Signing Off but haven't played this in years so it has been nice to rediscover it again.
There is some great music here. Signing Off is always lauded with the remaining albums not always given the credit they deserve. I agree that after these albums UB40 became a bit bland but these albums have some real treasures, even Labour of Love!
This really is UK reggae at its best. Recommended.
Most of these 5 album sets sell for around 11 pounds so this 5 album set is on the expensive side at the time of writing.
Still at less than 17 pounds you get 5 classic albums.

Other sets in the series have all the tracks remastered.
I am not sure if this is the case for this set.

The Cds come in replica card sleeves held in a card box.
Cheap but it does have a certain style.

But Amazon have not listed the tracks so her they are
Tracklist:
avoid the last track on CD five if cut and pasting.

01. "Tyler"
02. "King"
03. "12 Bar"
04. "Burden Of Shame"
05. "Adella"
06. "I Think It's Going To Rain Today"
07. "25%"
13. "Reefer Madness"
Disc 02
01. "Present Arms"
02. "Sardonicus"
03. "Don't Let It Pass You By"
04. "Wild Cat"
05. "One in Ten"
06. "Don't Slow Down"
07. "Silent Witness"
08. "Lamb's Bread"
09. "Don't Walk On The Grass"
10. "Dr X"
Disc 03
01. "So Here I Am"
02. "I Won't Close My Eyes (Remix)"
03. "Forget the Cost"
04. "Love Is All Is Alright (Remix)"
05. "The Piper Calls The Tune"
06. "The Key"
07. "Don't Do the Crime"
08. "Folitician (Remix)"
09. "The Prisoner"
Disc 04
01. "Cherry Oh Baby"
02. "Keep On Moving"
03. "Please Don't Make Me Cry"
04. "Sweet Sensation"
05. "Johnny Too Bad"
06. "Red Red Wine (12'' Version)"
07. "Guilty"
08. "She Caught The Train"
09. "Version Girl"
10. "Many Rivers to Cross"
Disc 05
01. "Riddle Me"
02. "As Always You Were Wrong Again"
03. "If It Happens Again"
04. "D U B"
05. "The Pillow"
06. "Nkomo A Go-Go"
07. "Seasons"
08. "You're Not An Army"
09. "I'm Not Fooled So Easily"
10. "Your Eyes Were Open"
11. "Mine were Shut"
on 2 July 2016
Have always loved their music great for any fan
on 22 March 2014
Superb memories from my youth of some excellent music & lyrics. Captured the mood at the time along withTwo Tone cementing black & white unity against racism & Maggie!
on 16 March 2015
Really good
on 5 February 2017
A Real Bargain - All my old vinyl had long since disappeared into the mists of time, so I am so enjoying being able to listen to the music of UB40 again.
on 23 December 2013
My favorite albums all in one go. Boyhood memories coming back. Will tell my friends about this buy. Thank you Amazon
on 1 September 2016