on 19 May 2013
A good insight to a very private comic genius , well worth the read .See how Sir David transforms from child to one of our greatest British stars
on 5 February 2014
I was disappointed in this book as the bulk of it was a list of David Jason's past TV & stage appearances. The little personal insight given seemed to reveal a man whose drive and determination to succeed have resulted in a less than well-rounded human being. He is a great actor who has provided hours of entertainment to many, but I did not get the impression that this enormous talent really has had a life of laughter.
on 5 May 2013
Bought this for my mother as she really likes Sir David Jason and really likes reading how they grew up.
on 15 December 2013
Disappointing that it wasn't the official biography of David Jason. This book seemed to be based on petty gossip gleaned from people who hardly knew the man but had brief associations at various times in his life. It really was a waste of my time reading it & seemed to try to denigrate this actor of such immense talent by emphasising points like his lack of height. Don't bother to read it.
on 31 August 2014
This was an interesting book about the inexorable rise of one of our favourite characters. The fact that he doesn't suffer fools gladly came across clearly. And it appears that he can be somewhat dismissive of earlier friends, although generous nevertheless when he chooses to be. The price of fame was made obvious in the sense that he can enjoy little or no privacy when out and about.
on 17 January 2014
Very interesting read

Able to' flick through' book and could see looked very interesting.. l Bought as present for my son who has been
David Jason/ Fools and Horses fan for many years. . I read a few more pages when it came and before I wrapped it and I'll be asking him to let me borrow it as soon as he's finished it.. Plenty of pictures too.....
on 7 March 2013
I have always been a fan of David Jason and enjoyed reading his life story. That said, the writing style of the book is not to my taste and would have been better had it been written by himself. I read a lot of biographies, and in my opinion, always come across better if written by themselves.
on 2 November 2015
A wonderful insight into the best all round actor to emerge from England. I knew the characters before reading it. Now after reading the book, I now know as much about the man behind the characters, that David has so courteously allowed to be published. Thank you - Sir David White.
on 4 January 2014
I would like to shake his hand if I ever saw him in the street, BUT this book has introduced me to the real person & I hope I would have the sensitivity not to intrude on his privacy. I've always thought he was a great actor, now I know he is. Long may he continue to entertain us
on 14 January 2014
I have always admired David Jason and enjoy all his shows, but until I read this book I had no idea how hard he worked to make us laugh. A life of laughter reveals shows us the real man behind the clown. This book will delight all fans of our favourite actor.