Customer reviews

Price:£0.89

on 2 June 2017
Excent
on 23 December 2015
One of the best singles ever produced. It has everything.
on 18 May 2017
Fab song, brings back lots of memories.
on 28 May 2017
it always was a great riff.
on 10 November 2013
Some songs are instantly forgetable. Then there are songs that stay with you all of your life. Spirit in The Sky is a song that stays with you for life. Hats off to Norman Greenbaum, what an excellent job he made of this song. A true classic in every sense. What wonderful things people did with such basic kit in the sixties to produce wonderful songs like this. Distorted guitar effects through a poor amplifier....what a stroke of genius. Get this untampered version of the song. I found that the re-mastered version simply does not sound the same. Simply speaking, nobody can better what Norman achieved. It's the best!
on 20 March 2013
Great records never age and if this record was released for the first time in 2013, it would be a monster hit. The instrumentation is unbelievable and I have always wondered how it was created back in the day, before the digital age. I have the original vinyl LP and was so pleased to be able to download the track onto my ipod
on 14 September 2014
Great song. The original, so why anyone ever bothered with the Dr and the Medics version is beyond me, all they did was produce a note for note copy (that's in my opinion of course). And as for Gareth Gates ...
on 21 October 2014
This song brings back memories of the days when I ran a youth club and this was played at the disco and it caused great amusement for everyone. A great song in its own right, a one off!!
on 11 August 2013
Play this on my mp3 player and I'm back to being a 14 yr old again and dancing at the youth club! It's a shame my singing doesn't match up to the music!
on 2 July 2016
I hope this will be played to send me on my way to my maker when the time comes, will have to keep it safe, perfect feel good, happy factor music.