TOP 50 REVIEWERon 5 May 2015
We sure start off with the right ingredients - I mean who doesn't like pirates or underpants? But a clever premise does not necessarily make a good kid's picture book.

Here, we get the full monty. Clever rhymes, goofy bright drawings, a plot with a trick ending, and even an underwear centric moral. While never straying from the underwear theme we even get a lot of piratey stuff.

This is a fun read to and easily becomes a read with and later a read-alone. The rhymes are clever, but direct, so a youngster should be able to handle them fairly early on.

It's too bad R.L.S. didn't take the next step once he had created "longjohn" Silver.
10 people found this helpful
on 15 February 2017
We started with Monsters Love Underpants, then were given Dinosaurs Love Underpants for Christmas and having just bought two Fire tablets for travels in the car I downloaded this as a kindle version to them.

It is just as brilliant as the others and we can't wait to read more of Claire Freedman's awesome books.

The rhyming stories really feed your imagination... I defy anyone not to read the pirate's part in Pirate talk aarrrr! The kids love them and they love the illustrations, they're so well done and we spend a lot of our story time finding things on the page, there's always a robot in the bedroom and our kids know it, they look for and point them out every time.
3 people found this helpful
on 18 February 2016
I am giving this book 5 stars as its every bit as silly and entertaining as the rest of the underpants series! My son was ill and really unhappy and this cheered him up at bedtime as I bought it and had it to read on my kindle in seconds - it really saved the day for us - but of course it didn't work properly on kindle paperwhite as images were black and white ( obvs) but still he loved it and went to sleep happy !
on 1 July 2015
Not a great book, I bought lots in the series of underpants in one go and my 5 year old boy hasn't taken a shine to these like some other books (like the dinosaur which pooped a planet which he loves). I should have got one and gauged his reaction to it - hopefully his little sister will be more keen on these?

Slinky Malinky and Hairy Maclary are awesome childrens books, I would recommend you look at these instead
on 26 June 2017
Present for the Grandchildren and a pleasure to read to them. Lots of fun. Highly recommend the whole series of books.
on 4 September 2017
Great early book to read to toddlers and then help them read when they are starting to learn. Entertaining.
on 7 September 2016
Brilliant. My niece ripped Monsters love underpants to shreds. Great that they have a board book of this. Hope they do it for Monsters too! She can eat it to her hearts content. She loves the pictures too! And can turn the pages which is great. Excellent for 9 mths+
on 5 March 2017
Bought for my 4 year old nephew loves it 👍
2 people found this helpful
on 2 June 2016
Lovely story, bought for my grandson who had just started potty training to highlight that even pirates wear underpants!!!!
on 28 April 2017
All the kids enjoyed this story at my sons pre school. Worth buying.