Customer reviews

on 15 September 2013
Rather disapointed in book, lots of ideas but many seemed quite weird and VERY TIME CONSUMING eg making pie to insert in cupcake. Thought there would be More cake shapes inside cupcakes. Author obviously very excited by experiments but, as a experienced cake maker with grandchildren, very few ideas I would consider worth the effort. Tried one pie in cake - din't like pastry contained inside a cake, neither did anyone in family.
on 7 January 2013
I'll be honest - i have yet to make anything from this book. Therefore I can't comment on the technical merit of the recipes. What the book does serve as is a great source of inspiration due to it's rather different take on the seemingly ubiquitous cupcake. I have previously played around with after eights and ferrero rocher in cupcakes and this has certainly given me some new ideas. Don't get me wrong the book is very American and so A) some of the recipes do push the boundaries of taste (in every sense) and B) you will have to adapt as some of the ingredients are only going to be available in specialist stores. This being said, it's a great gift for the cupcake baker who has everything.
on 1 September 2015
I knew my daughter wanted this particular book, she is so pleased with it which from my point it was well worth getting. We also love the cakes she makes from it.
on 31 January 2014
Super yummy recipes although some have ingredients only available in USA which is a bit annoying but I have generally found ways around that!
on 20 September 2014