This is just great! I got my iPhone 5 a few days ago and needed good looking, ultimate protection for it. This ticks ALL my boxes and some. Firstly, it arrives in impressive packaging that is strangely easy to open. Immediately upon opening and inspecting I could both see and feel the quality of the product. I then set about fitting it to my iPhone 5 and wow! the inner case snaps into place, a perfect fit. So easy and already I am feeling good about this case. I then slip it easily into the tightly fitting, perfectly molded outer silicon casing. Again, perfect fit! I have never had a premium protective case for an iPhone fit so perfectly. This is perfection for those who want and need premium, good looking protection for your precious new iPhone 5.

It does look great! and feels so good in my hands. Substantial and protective, but not too heavy or cumbersome. Otterbox have the balance just right. After fully testing all features and keys on my iPhone 5 I can confirm for you that everything works like a dream. The plug covers that protect the core openings of the phone - including volume controls, power button, and headphone jack all fit perfectly, and open easily then re-close. I am so delighted with this OtterBox Defender case that I wish I could give it a higher rating than 5 out of 5, as it doesn't come any better than this!

You can buy cheaper cases, don't do it, this is exactly what you need and want.

AWESOME.

I AM SO PLEASED. I can even take photos without having to faff around with covers over the camera. Whoever designed this case has my thanks, its perfect.

10/10
review image
on 21 April 2014
After which time the rubber stretched even though I only had to take the phone out of the case 3 times in a period of about 6 months.
on 14 October 2013
I did a lot of research into a case for my 5s and this came top.
It's a solid fit and allows full camera access including the new flash.
Only thing it doesn't allow is the FingerPrint scanner to work.
Personally I couldn't care less about that as I'd rather have my phone drop and splash proof.
All other buttons ( volume etc) work as normal .
Buy this case if your a sensible iphone 5s owner.
on 4 August 2013
What can I say except it does what is says on the tin iv had my otterbox defender for over a month now and it's saved my iphone at least a Dozen times by now and it's not to bulky and has stood up to plenty of hard ware .
Summery great case would highly recommend
on 28 March 2013
Gonna try and be as honest as I can about this case.. Was looking for a case to give good protection for my iPhone 5 and looked into cases and heard about the griffin case the otterbox and the lifeproof. After deciding I'm not paying 80 quid for a case it was down to the otterbox and griffin decided to go for the otterbox mainly as it had some cool colours (although the punk case I thought was black and lime green but the black is actually navy) and it didn't seem to be as bulky as other cases.

This case is quite fiddly to fit as the outer case is hard rubber with not a lot of give to it.. I don't see that as a bad thing as it makes me feel it's more secure... Fits the iPhone perfectly and the screen protector sits snug against the iPhone screen, I've used this case non stop and have not seen "rainbow patches" that some are saying they have and I personally can't say that my screen sensitivity has been hindered... It's no different for me as when I had no case.

It does make the phone slightly bigger adding a 3mm approx in all dimensions but when you compare it to other cases it's minimal... Some of them are horrendously huge case doesn't make you feel like your handling a Tondu House Brick!!

The flaps that cover the silent button and headphone jack are quite difficult to open if your like me with stubby fingers and no nails.. I suppose it could be a problem as they are difficult to open if your someone constantly changing your phone from silent to loud and back again or if your plugging headphones in all the time you might find it a nuisance.. The charger flap is no problem and the headphone one isn't too bad it's mainly the silent button cover!

Only thing I personally think is wrong with the case is the rubber bit that goes over the home button.... Instead of getting that familiar click feeling it does now tend to be a bit spongy feeling... Works everytime don't get me wrong it's not like I have to press it twice to get it to work... I'm just not picking and being a awkward s*** as I like that click!

All in all my phone feels a lot more secure and I have no worries about dropping it now!!
on 12 May 2013
First amazon fantastic survice,I found this a very sturdy and well made case for my I phone 5 the only thing is the air bubbles on the built in screen saver thought I'd get use to it but 5 weeks down the line it still irritates you.
on 7 November 2013
Having encountered 3 people who all managed to drop their iphone down the loo (with varying degrees of disaster!) I decided that I would learn from their experiences and was looking for something which offered a bit more protection than a basic case.
The Defender offers that, and whilst I wouldn't recommend dropping it in water to test its 'waterproofness' it does offer some extra peace of mind. I also like to use a belt clip, so the fact that this comes supplied is a bonus.
The case itself is pretty bulky, so if 'neat and slim' is important to you, then this is NOT the case for you - otherwise I am happy to recommend it.
It comes in a good range of colour-choices to suit most tastes.
on 18 July 2013
otterbox make some real tough cases and this is no different. It feels like a premium product very well engineered and tough enough to keep your expensive phone safe and sound. Yes its quite bulky but if you want or need the protection then thats the trade off you have to make.

So far the only downside i can see to this case is the screen protector sometimes it looks like there is water or grease under the protector this comes and goes guess i could always take it out and fit a normal sticky one but it doesn't matter too much to me protection is the aim of the game with a case like this.

5/5 will get the armour case when the price comes down a bit!
on 14 June 2013
I've had this case for 4 months now and although my phone is still in perfect condition, the otterbox is not. You will find that the rubber stretches out around all attachment points. I though maybe I was just hard on my case, but my wife has the same model and aside from pulling in and out of purse, she is relativly easy on hers. They both look the same after 4 months. Bad thing is, the amount of dust and grime that you'll collect, requires you to clean it, and i think thats when it stretches. So, i guess if you dont mind a dirty looking phone, this ones for you, otherwise, id find a different model, like the gumdrop or ballistic.
on 10 March 2013
It's an ok case. Only problem I have found with it is its difficult to open the flaps to get into the silent switch and lightning port. If you accidentally push the flap covering the silent switch in your pocket it pushes the switch and puts the phone into silent. I have a Trident Krakken for work, but wanted something a little smaller but still protective for while I'm off work for a while. I'm not sure it was worth it