on 26 November 2012
I love two-door cinema club. Being from Northern Ireland benefits the overall sound they have produced. They have created a new sound as most singers sing in an American accent but it is refreshing to hear them.

Their music is like a drug you have to listen to it and when you’re not you are thinking about listening to it. I love it!!
on 13 March 2017
love this album
on 25 May 2017
Fantastic record, arrived in the expected time and perfect conditions, absolutely love it. Thanks a lot.
on 7 April 2017
Great CD, the cover is completely worn and sticky from previous tables
on 2 February 2013
Comparing the two albums, this is poor. There's the occasional guitar rift that is comparable to Tourist History but the majority of songs are very bland and have little of the energy that I loved from the first album.
on 19 October 2012
This 2nd album is definitely not as catchy as their first and, although I've enjoyed the songs when I've played the album, I cannot remember any of them! The album is a bit 'samey' Usually after a few listens to an album I am singing songs from it in my head but I'll need to put this album on again and again to remember the songs! Strange! Maybe it's just one of those albums that needs to be played a lot to really grow on you and become familiar. Having said all that I do enjoy it when I listen to it and there are no disappointing tracks.
on 23 September 2012
A shining light in a dull morass of music currently, this is a bit of slow starter but once you get to the awesome "Sun" you wake up and take notice that this band or onto something! "Someday" has great 80s guitars in it, "Sleep Alone" has so mnay different styles in it I cant keep up, and the real hidden gem toward the end is "Spring" which has a hugely catchy chorus and lovely almost Northern Soul/ early R and B harmonies. These are just the stand out tracks, none of the other songs are actually bad so you are likely to find yourself liking them all at some point.

This is a very very consistent album. It avoids completely Second Album Syndrome, its only a small step musically from their first but enough that they don't stand still. The production is also very good. My only problem with it is I would like some of the songs to be a bit longer though, unfortunately I didnt get the remix album version, and you find yourself singing along just as the track stops. Sun and Spring could easily run to 5 minutes and not become boring.

A band destined for greatness with this album i think, certainly judged by the sell out Tour.
on 4 October 2012
Listened to this when me kids had it playing in the car
Not sure what they would think of Dad buying their music, but it brilliant. Great for working out to
on 30 November 2012
I recently discovered TDCC while investigating bands who are classed as part of the 80's New Wave revival. My first exposure was the 80's inspired video for the remarkably catchy "What You Know". I watched a few more of their videos and promptly ran out and purchased both of their albums. I liked the nerdy school kid look with the upbeat and catchy hooks. I'm so happy to see these returning to music.

But the problem with "Beacon" is that the band, who are still clearly remarkably young, are making far too much of an effort to grow up. While some of the songs on this second album are very good, very few are great. The debut single, "Sleep Alone", is definitely the best song on the album. But the second single, "Sun", is the dullest bit of blandness the band has produced, and shows them already going down Adult Contemporary boredom street. And then you get something as vile as "The World is Watching" to add to the horror. The strongest songs are towards the beginning with the catchy "Handshake" and "Wake Up", while the other somewhat pleasant background songs, such as "Settle" and "Spring", are saved for later in the album.

TDCC need to step back and realize that the fun of their debut album should not be disposed of so soon in favor of being a more "respectable" and mature Alternative band. I'm in my early forties and feel that these kids are quickly aging beyond my years. I hope this is just their sophomore slump, and album number 3 will have a revisiting of their original excitement. I can't stand all of the usual cattle-written customer reviews raving about a new album when it's clearly inferior. I see that enough when Kate Bush releases a new album of snore-worthy material, only to have masses praise it as her best. In this case, this album is definitely NOT the best.
on 23 August 2013
This album was no let down. Although it took a few listens, I fell in love with it as much as their previous album 'Tourist History'. It contains familiar sounding guitar riffs and Alex's voice continues to amaze.
The songs are mainly upbeat and happy. They make you want to get up and dance, perfect for walking to school/work.
They have catchy choruses and a rock vibe that doesn't make them intimidating. The effects used on the lead guitar make it sound sharp and cuts through the songs perfectly rather than blending into the vocals which often seems to happen in the indie rock genre.
The bass guitar part on the tracks is often on the tracks is often overlooked and yet at points you find yourself focusing on it alone and even singing along with it!
'Beacon' has been on replay for me since it came out, especially my favorite song 'Someday' which launches straight into the song and is ridiculously catchy.
Don't underestimate this album! Two Door Cinema Club continue to impress me.