Customer reviews

White Truffle Salt, 50g
Price:£12.51+ £3.99 shipping

on 16 March 2014
I bought this salt about a year ago as a present for my husband. We both love truffles and have tried various oils etc to add the flavour to our food. This salt is lovely and make poached eggs a real treat! It has a nice truffle flavour and adds depth to lots of dishes. We are just about to run out of the salt - we use it at least once a week and the last few weeks have noticed the truffle flavour has diminished a little (not too bad for 50g of salt over a year old!). About to buy again. Yum!
on 29 January 2013
Before I start this review, I would like to stress that I bought this item as a healthy alternative to normal table salt so I have no complaints about the cost of the product, it is obviously from a high end supplier and it arrived in good time. My problem with this item is down to personal taste as when I open the salt I'm concerned firstly that it might spill ( and at £10 per 50g) that really should not happen, But I can transfer the salt into a salt shaker. However when you open the jar the smell is overwhelming and a little unpleasant, it does smell a bit like hydrogen sulphide gas/ rotten eggs!
It makes me quite hesitant to put it in to my food, so I put the tiniest amount from the edge of the end of the spoon into my eggs in the morning, I tried it on my steamed vegetables but again unfortunately the smell was not pleasant for me, I would like to give this product more stars, but this simply wasn't for me .
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse