on 4 July 2016
I decided to buy this as I was having trouble with the voltage in my car, with certain things shutting down. I decided to give this a go after reading the reviews and considering how cheap it is.

After I received it I plugged it straight into the cigarette port. It allows me to read both the resting and the running voltage of the car brilliantly. It allowed me to diagnose a problem with the battery, with it not taking charge as it should. It put my mind at rest that the alternator was okay as it was running at above 14v when running. After changing the battery I keep this plugged in to monitor the voltage as I drive which is great.

It looses one star as the top part has become lose and it cuts out the screen as I go over bumps. Quality is not great as you can imagine, however for the price you can't really go wrong.

In terms of accuracy do not expect too much. Since buying I have bought a multimeter and have compared it to this. I have found it is quite different, however it gives you a near figure to work with and as said, gives you voltage while you drive.

Would recommend and buy again.
on 15 August 2017
Had this for years now, lent it out 4 times as it's so useful. Can't believe it was so cheap. Better than 3 LED "battery testers" bought over time. They often light up all the LED's when the battery's actually not holding charge. This device tells you battery voltage, and charge voltage going in as you drive (ie alternator/regulator voltage). So you know how much votage dropped overnight, or after starting the car, and also if the Alternator/regulator are doing their job. So you can work out if your electrical probs are the charging system, or the battery. If you're not up on cars, you can swap the device between 2 cars, and get an idea over a day or 2 how a good car performs then go back to to the suspect car, and see if the figures are lower whilst driving/engine off, and speak to someone who knows about car charging systems. I've bought 2 batteries off the back of this gadget, no need to visit a garage, no wasting £100's on an alternator. I leave it plugged in when I don't need to have a phone plugged in. It's lasted over 3 years - for £1.50!! Unbelievable :)
on 22 March 2017
Great item , lets you know if your battery isn't charging, mine wasn't so I replaced my alternator belt that was slipping . Also give you an idea off how many appliances you should use in you car before they start running your battery down.
on 19 June 2016
Good quick way to see or test battery voltage both with engine off (if cigar lighter is active when ignition is off, not all are) and with engine running. so can let you see if you have a duff battery and/or if its the alternator not working correctly. I compared this with a calibrated DVM and it is accurate enough for such uses described above.
on 26 December 2015
This is a useful little device and very handy to keep an eye on you battery. It works best where the accessory socket is mounted on dashboard or vertically on the lower console. My cars have the socket mounted flat, or horizontally on the centre console, so it's harder to see, but this is not the fault of the device. Well worth the cost.
on 8 April 2017
Easy to use and accurate when tested against a "proper" meter.
on 25 October 2017
Very useful device to monitor the charge in your battery. I purchased this because I drive very infrequently, and it helps me to monitor the drain of my battery. Excellent product at highly affordable price.
on 25 July 2017
Used many times driving across Europe and stopped me draining the battery everyday when watching movies parked in maybe....watch it drop and no when to shut the car down....cheap and cheerful
on 7 August 2017
Cheap as chips!
Nice little volt meter that seems to work well.
Accuracy is close enough for indication purposes.
Quite happy with the two I bought.
on 8 December 2017
I always recommend this item to people I meet who rely on off-grid systems. I live on a narrowboat and was recommended this by another boater. I’m so glad I bought it because it ended up highlighting the fact that my alternator wasn’t working. It’s very cheap and saved my batteries. Great piece of kit!