on 30 August 2014
Very nice fit, good quality.
on 25 May 2013
Just recently bought an iPad mini and didn't want to skimp on a cheap case.

This Belkin case will not disappoint. To start off with it is actually genuine leather. It can stand on its side which is ideal for watching films. There is a magnetic sensor which puts the iPad to sleep when shut and wakens the iPad when open. Not all cases do this!!

The iPad fits snug and the case totally protects everything if dropped. Even the clasp is magnetic and does not get in the way.

The case is totally perfect and I recommend it 110%
on 31 March 2013
This cover is excellent. It protects my iPad whilst 1) automatically powering on my iPad mini when opened, and 2) when fully opened does not cover any part of the screen, and 3) offers multiple positions to hold my iPad when opened. It is ideal for use on aircraft which is important to me as I fly a lot. Highly recommended.
on 11 October 2013
Product arrived quickly. Well made and feels good. Fits the iPad mini well and is easy to use. Good
protection from the padding/ leather to as i keep it in my bag in a workshop. Slight size increase, a bit like a small book now with cover but overall a good product from a good company.
on 10 February 2014
This is the third iPad mini case I have bought, and certainly the best in terms of both quality and function. It feels good, it looks good, it does all that it's supposed to, and it's well made, so what's not to like?

Regarding the sleep/wake function, the last case I bought had magnets so strong that they put the iPad to sleep if the cover was folded back against the rear of the iPad. This one doesn't do that; it only puts the iPad to sleep when it's meant to (i.e. when the cover is closed). This is a big plus point for me.

I was unsure about the compromise of buying a leather case with a plastic holding mechanism and very nearly went for an all leather case from a different manufacturer. I'm glad I made the compromise though - the rigidity of the plastic ensures zero movement and optimal positioning without any border coverage.

One final point: Of the three iPad mini cases I have owned, this is the heaviest and the bulkiest. It will add weight and bulk to your device, but not much. Unless you have very specific and very tight size and weight requirements, I can see no reason not to wholeheartedly recommend this case to anyone.

EDIT: So, after months and months of trouble free usage, and happiness with my purchase, something happened which has made me reduce my rating from five stars to only three stars:

I dropped my iPad. The case landed on its top right hand corner and the plastic clip sheared straight off with the cleanest break I've ever seen. The iPad flew straight out of the case and clattered onto the floor, but fortunately appears to be undamaged. Therefore, I can now say that this case does not protect the iPad mini from drops or impact and I can only recommend it for protection from scuffs and scrapes.

It's a pity because I really liked the case, but it is now being replaced by a Jison case.

Belkin, if you're reading this, I have 3 words to say to you by way of advice in making this case great: Use metal clips!
on 9 February 2014
I spent hours on the internet previewing all the cases for mini iPad - not wanting one of the flip ones that are so popular. Looked at Belkin ones in local store - none of them even mention whether or not they put the iPad to sleep. I bought one from Carphone warehouse that I really liked and was a very good price but it didn't do auto sleep so it was swiftly returned. I then took the risk and going by previous comments trusted that it would have an auto sleep function. And yes it does - so why do Belkin not advertise it as such - would have made my life so much easier! Great leather case. Very happy.
on 4 June 2014
I trawled through so many cases...lots of pretty colours out there but I wanted a very good quality case that would protect my precious iPad and this is it for sure. The iPad is securely held in the case and the outer corners are well protected. The magnetic clasp is sturdy and doesn't feel flimsy. The case is lovely leather and the stand works just as it should. It also shuts down the ipad on closing and wakes it up when opened and the soft facing cover wont damage the screen. It looks understated and smart. Very pleased with it.

UPDATE: 8 months on case is still ok except that the magnetic closure tab has become cracked and worn looking with use. This began after a few months but is now a bit tatty looking. The rest of the case still looks good though and the on/off function does still work. Shame the leather on the tab has cracked although to be fair it is in very regular use and is the part that I would expect to show signs of wear. The case has protected my IPad extremely well.

I am now looking to replace the case but would still have another the same.
on 30 August 2015
It's not genuine leather, never mind genuine premium leather. As soon as I opened the packing I doubted it was genuine leather, despite what the marketing blurb says. I had a very good look at the hem on the inside pocket and when I separated the micro, micro thin outside "leather" from the cheap backing, the "leather" frayed, just as material does. Leather doesn't fray. I got my husband to look at it and he agreed. It might be plastic leather, it certainly smells like plastic, but it's not real leather.

I've seen other reviews on this item which are positive but it's very easy to be deceived, especially with leather. I'd rather pay more and get the real thing. Made in China says it all. The item is being returned.
on 23 November 2016
Have this in brown, which I bought for my first iPad Mini, about 3 years ago. Still wearing well, but I had to butcher one of the end fittings to
use it with the iPad Mini 4, which I now have. Sadly, Belkin don't make a case for the later model. Gave my old iPad to a friend, and bought a black Belkin case for it to make it an attractive gift for her. May resort to using adhesive Velcro to keep my Mini 4 in the old Belkin case, unless they decide to offer an updated product. Wish Smartphone cases were as well designed and made as this little Belkin item.
on 13 October 2015
I bought this case along with an iPad mini for my girlfriend last year and she was very happy!

The case folds easily to work as a stand and never gets in the way. It's kept the iPad it perfect condition and still looks like new.

That's the good news. the bad news is that it's not leather, it's plastic. And it's quite obvious. I'm not sure why Belkin has chosen to call it 'Premium Leather', but it's very misleading.

Overall still happy with the case, but not leather as advertised.