on 17 November 2012
Caro Emerald has produced some brilliant music and I must admit to pre-ordering her latest CD as soon as I knew about it, without really finding out what the new CD would contain. I was surprised to find only one track performed by Caro the rest being a collection of fairly old original performances of a range of music types including big band names such as Jerry Dorsey. Caro says these were the tunes that inspired her music and that may be so but I thought I was buying something she had composed and performed or maybe her interpretations of old classics.
There is nothing wrong with the collection of tracks as such but it is not Caro performing!
on 15 October 2017
Lovely old memories. My Mother loves it too, it's a long time since I've seen her tap her feet.
on 12 December 2012
I pre-ordered the album as Caro's last album/dvd was absolutely amazing. I became a "fan". This was to be one of those "Christmas comes early" presents. I should have read the write-up on it more carefully as the tracks are what influenced Caro's singing - all good tracks but not what I expected. Disappointing for me (probably not for others) as I had believed that she would be singing these 'oldies but goodies' in her own inimitable style. I've played it a couple of times but it's going to be one of those albums which will sit on a shelf. Hopefully Caro will record another album some time soon.
on 28 December 2013
I luv this singer and brought her first album, after hearing her for the first time on Strictly Come Dancing. her music interpretation is so different, it's like old meetz new with differing styles that never disappoint. here she works with other stars and boy it sounds just great!
on 8 November 2012
Bought this thinking it was Carla singing, but it is songs that influenced her. I was not at all disappointed like some of the other reviews. This is a fab CD my husband and 16 year old love it and have played it non stop. It is a lovely cd to put on in the evening sitting by the fire with a glass of wine, relaxed and cool.
on 17 March 2014
again with this CD I thought it was all of Caro Emerald and again was very disappointed it was only 1 of her singing. I again ordered this as Caro Emerald. You should not be advertising in with all her CD's when it has only her singing 1 song,
on 16 November 2012
This album contains songs I've never heard as well as a few I do know. I love songs from the early 20th century especially the 1940's and this double album is rammed full of inspiration, I love it and I'm sure you will too.
on 9 December 2013
Caro has made a brilliant compilation of recording from the 1930's to the 1950's as with other jazz compilations leads you to investigate other historically figures. Her addition at the end of the album is brilliant.
on 1 February 2017
Great!
on 26 January 2013
I didn't take the time to read the title properly - Caro Emerald presents is NOT an album by Caro - it is just tracks that she likes that influenced her music. It is still a pleasant album anyway.