on 14 August 2013
Maybe I should have tried to read the first Jack Palms novel before I started this, but I found the characters unbelievable, the plot confused and ill-explained, and the story slow in general. It's the first book for ages that I really could not be bothered to finish reading.
on 10 March 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The main character in this story, Jack Palms, is a crass loudmouth and a prize idiot. An actor, who played a heroic police sergeant in one pretty dire sounding movie, who seems to believe he can take on the Russian mafia in San Fransisco, the cops (corrupt and otherwise), and the Feds (ditto) by getting in the way of people who might actually be qualified to do something about the baddies. He does not inspire confidence and though he gets kicked around quite a lot I found it impossible to care very much what happens to him and he does whine quite a lot.
This is of course a romp and as sheer action farce it works pretty well, though the farce sits uneasily with the extreme violence of the ending.
I enjoy a good action thriller and this did keep me reading but though I gather there is a previous book about Jack and his adventures, I don't expect I'll be reading it.
on 7 September 2013
Boring, boring, boring. I can find nothing good to say about this book. I am a voracios reader but in this instance I failed to complete the book. I found myself skipping pages in order to see whether it got more interesting - but it did not.
on 19 December 2013
Follows on from where we left off with Jack Wakes Up. I found this a truly enjoyable read, well written with plenty edge of the seat stuff. More great work from Seth Harwood, buy it you you won't be disappointed.
on 7 June 2012
If you enjoy crime thrillers, you will love this second Jack Palms story. You won't regret getting this book, and at this price, it's a steal, it's a deal, it's the sale of the century.
on 15 December 2013
I hadn't read the first book Jack Wakes Up by Seth Harwood, but it didn't matter. Great character Jack Palms and those Czech's, crazy! I couldn't put it down. Give it a go!
on 2 October 2013
For a Kindle read, it's adequate material for one of those lazy afternoons in a comfortable place. An undemanding, but pedestrian read.
on 5 January 2014
A typical american book about crime and the police, well written and exciting. It also makes you pleased that you live in the UK
on 3 January 2014
keeps you interested.the story is easy to pick up after lay down,no need to go back several pages.thank you good
on 24 September 2015
This book was fantastic, I could not put it down until I had finished it, a real roller coaster thank you.