on 15 August 2013
A very well written book with murders, plenty of plot turns, a likeable private detective and his assistant and more than
enough dodgy or suspicious characters. A real page turner for me.
Can't wait for Robert Galbraiths next offering!
on 18 October 2013
Loved this book - you can tell it's written by an established author - polished writing and tight plot.
Glad it was 'outed' as J.K.R's may never have discovered it other wise,

Can not wait to read the next in the series.
on 5 March 2014
What a great read

I enjoyed the story, it travelled along at a nice pace. Wasn't rushed or too outrageous. Hard to put down and kept the pages turning.
on 18 February 2014
Although the name chosen for the main character is contrived and doesn't appeal to me, everything else was good. Liked the characterisations, the plot, the back stories and the atmosphere created. Definitely worth a read. An excellent first crime/detective novel.
on 24 August 2013
I bought this book as it had a review by Val Mcdermid who loved it. I rate her as a writer so thought I would give it ago. I was not disappointed. Brilliantly written and I got so engrossed in it. I just hope I don't have to wait too long until the next one!
on 17 August 2014
A slow start, but original concept. Will definitely read the second in the series
on 18 August 2014
Really enjoyable book and not over long. Very well written , the author brings the major characters to life. You definitely should read it.
on 13 September 2014
Interesting plot and gripping story. Hard to 'put down'. Can't wait to read the next book.
on 14 August 2013
A totally engaging read with a beautifully judged level of humour. I love the protagonist and his understated side kick. I sincerely hope that Cormoran Strike's activities will become a long running series.
on 29 May 2014
Not what I expected, exactly what you want from a crime thriller! When is the next coming, can't wait !