Customer reviews

on 7 September 2012
This is book 8 in the Mary O' Reilly novels and like the other 7 it's a lovely read ! These books are very different to what I would normaly read but after getting the first book I fell in love with the characters and just love the story lines. They are well written and have a little bit of everything within the pages.
If you have never spent any time with Mary and her friends then buy these books today, they really are delightful !!!
Already looking forward to the next book Terri .
on 29 August 2012
I have really enjoed all the books in the Mary O'Reilly series by Terri Reid and Broken Promises was no exception. I read this book in one sitting as I was emotionally hooked to the story from the first page. The ending was heart wrenching so I am hoping it won't be too long a wait for book 9. I will be highly recommending Broken Promises to friends and family.
on 24 August 2012
Well what can i say Terri has done it again i just loved this book.
This book is a roller coaster of emotion's from happiness to excitment to sadness
and i admit i even cried at the end.
I can't wait for the next book.
on 20 April 2016
I have read all the Mary O'Reilly books up to and including this one. I read the last three back to back and have noticed a trend towards increased cheesiness. A lot of the drama and mystery has been replaced by mushiness. I loved the first books as they were interesting and all had their own stand alone stories. As the series has gone on Terri Reid has increasingly concentrated on the next book. There aren't any really good conclusions - the theme seems to be setting up the reader to buy the next book in the series. For this reason I have not continued on with the books as each time I don't feel satisfied with the endings.
on 15 September 2015
Enjoying the storyline but irritated that Gary Cooper has changed into Gary Copper and it hasn't been corrected proofreading required!
on 2 November 2012
I came across the first book in this series and could not put it down, i then proceeded to download all the others and i have loved every one of them, i feel gutted i have finished the 8th one and i really hope the author hurries and brings number 9 out soon, i love all the characters and for me this series has everythin i enjoy in a book, if you havent read them i sincerley recommend doin so. I in the meantime will be anxiously waiting for the next book to become available.
on 5 May 2013
It's been a while since I read the first 7 books, so I re-read No. 7 to remind me of who was who. Again, Terri Reid had brought quite a sensitive subject to some to life with empathy, humour and sensitivity. Iknow I'm going to have to get my tissues out before I start, but it really is a great read, and I can't wait for the next one. I would recommend this to anyone.
on 5 September 2014
Brilliant series, wanted something a little bit different from boy meets girl they fall in love and live happily ever after and this series was just that with a little bit of mystery and paranormal as well as the romance.
on 19 March 2016
this series of books are brilliant, the series flows very well from book to book. I found it had me crying, laughing and the only thing I didn't like was having to put it down to cook dinner and go to bed amazing
on 11 April 2013
A good series. Quite addictive reading. Books are only short stories, but a good idea to read series from the start since there is a background story as well as a short story to each book.