on 11 October 2013
For a microwave that costs around £100, I really can't fault it when comparing with equivalents that cost significantly more. This microwave is a combination of microwave, convection-oven and grill, with all standard features. It has an excellent capacity and is yet relatively compact.

Reading other reviews, one of the main criticisms is the lack of push-button functionality when using the various combinations to cook. I can relate to this to a some degree having previously used a combination microwave where one push of a button and the required combinations are set automatically. It seems from the reviews that there is somewhat of a learning curve required if this microwave is to be used for more advanced cooking involving the use of the various combinations. However I don't use this microwave for anything more than basic cooking so for me it is perfect.

Another minor criticism in the reviews is the ease with which the glossy/mirrored door finish can show grease marks and prints. This is true; but as the door has a handle there is only ever minimal and accidental contact with the door surface, so it remains clean for the most part. The upside is that the gloss door surface is very easy to clean and looks stunning when clean. The push-button control panel is also fully covered so is easy to keep clean with just a wipe.

I do have my own (minor) criticisms, the first one being that the door handle blocks the view of the display unless you are in front or to the right of the unit. This is most frustrating when I glance over to see the time. My other criticism is that the dark tinted door and and protection screen make viewing inside the microwave not as easy or as clear as I would like. I did however notice a nice energy saving feature where the light will automatically turn off if the door is left open for too long.

In summary; this microwave will grill, roast or microwave your food as good as any I have used, and for the price it would be difficult to find better value.
This item was purchased to replace a 12 year old Panasonic - We would have stuck with Panasonic but we could not find an affordable black one, when I say affordable we wanted a 25 litre microwave for under £120.00 in black.

Is this as good as a Panasonic, only time will tell, if it lasts 12 years I will be happy so my review is based on the few months that we have owned this and as an ex Panasonic owner...

LOOKS - This items looks very stylish sat on the side, we have a white gloss kitchen with black utensils, black splash back and dark kitchen work tops. I did fear it would look more gun metal than black but that is the reflection and mirror effect of the door in the image. If you require a purchase based on looks this is great value for money, you could easily think it was nearly double the price,

USE - It is easy to operate, the instructions are simple enough and there are a selection of quick use buttons, one press and you have it cooking on high power for 30 seconds two presses of a button and it is on for a minute. It is easy to clean and the build quality looks pretty impressive too. I have seen Microwaves half the quality of this yet costing more, in all this is an easy 5 star microwave for the money you pay.

YES there might be better Panasonic ones out there but expect to pay double, my only negative would be the colour of the led display, red doesn't do it for me but then is that because I am used to blue led displays.
on 19 June 2017
I was delighted when I opened the box. Nice/smart looking exterior, the interior being Stainless steel and a 900w. which as a step up from my old 8 year old 800w.
I've marked this down as I have been so Disappointed in use: This is supposed to be a 900watt but every thing I cook in it (the same meals I've cooked for years) needs an extra 1/4 to 1/2 from what my old 800w. did, even frozen ready meals are cold in the middle if I cook according to the manufacturers instructions.
on 8 April 2015
Absolutely ideal for my needs in the kitchen, did have a sharp model for many years which wore out, clean modern lines attracted me to this one initially but functions very well.
on 25 July 2017
Excellent haven't used the main oven since I bought this
on 28 January 2015
After debating long and hard over which combination microwave to buy, I chose this one based on the reviews and its looks. Using my Prime membership, the microwave was delivered next day with DPD and unpacking was nice and easy. The instruction manual is a good base for how to use the microwave and as long as the instructions are followed, it is easy to use the grill and convection settings also. I would recommend the purchase of a good book for timings and settings of how to cook different foods in it as there is nothing like that included within the manual and it will take a bit of getting used to as to how long something should be cooked for.

The microwave inside is stainless steel so nice and easy to keep clean and the turntable will comfortably take large Denby plates with room to spare (bonus!). I have found the exterior easy to keep clean so far with a wipe down of the front with a soft cloth every 3-4 days to keep it looking nice and shiny. The cooking features work really well and the convection oven cooks food nice and quickly saving the energy of a large oven when only a small quantity of food is needing to be cooked. Highly recommended!!
on 5 November 2014
Works well in general. Just I had a problem after 2 months. Turntable stopped turning. Turntable motor dropped out due to loose screw. You pay for quality but you don't expect loose screws and all the hassle of getting it fixed.
on 23 February 2015
I bought this after reading the predominantly excellent reviews. For the most part I agree with them but I am very disappointed to find out that when using the combination feature (Microwave and Convection at the same time) then there is no flexibility in adjusting the microwave settings. It will only cook at 100%, effectively meaning that there is no chance for the convection feature to take effect and crisp or brown effectively. All the more annoying as i'd spent money on Convection recipe books that used exactly this feature...

That being said if combination cooking isn't your thing then the rest of the machine is very good. The Door, as mentioned by many others, looks great out of the box but quickly becomes grubby and it's only really possible to see inside the microwave properly when cooking in the dark…!!

All in all I'd think twice about purchasing this particular item if I had the chance again. As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for...
on 17 January 2014
Delivered on time and worked ok for a year and one week then the convection oven ceased to work at which point we find out that Russell Hobbs only guarantee their microwaves for one year whereas their other products have up to 3 year guarantees. I think that shows how much confidence they have in their own product. My pevious oven worked for over 5 years and gave brilliant value for money - although it is slightly more expensive I shall go back to them.
22 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2015
There is no number keypad on this, so if you want to add time, you have to keep pressing the same button over and over until you reach the time you want. Apart from that, it's good - all the functions work as expected, etc.