on 29 July 2013
These are a good weight, but they don't fasten tightly enough to stop them bobbing up and down my wrists when exercising with them - they have left my wrists sore at times - slightly better on ankles, but still too loose to be called comfortable.
on 26 September 2016
Heavy enough to make a difference when working out
on 30 December 2016
Really work well on ankles but slightly large on my thin wrists
I bought these weights a week ago and I'm giving them five stars at present on the basis of the price, how well the item is made, how easy they are to use and early signs of improvement in muscle tone.

These weights come in a nice tube for storage purposes. They are 2.5lb each, enough for a beginner, someone out of condition or with a long term health condition like me. In time I may be able to strap two to each ankle or wrist however - the velcro straps would allow for that.

They strap on with a silver velcro which is luminous in the dark, if you are taking them running etc. I won't be able to do that, but instead I'm using them in yoga and pilates practice. I suffer from arthritis but I've already found that if I do gentle, low impact exercises with extreme care, these weights give my circulation quite a workout and raise my heart rate. After a week's use I have gained slightly better definition and strength in legs and biceps. This has given me an enormous confidence boost and I shall come back and report further in a few weeks' time.

I've already discovered it's best to wear them over sleeves/legging bottoms if you can as they do chafe on your skin a bit. Also, if you replace them in the storage tubes they make a decent hand-held weight, if that's what you prefer.

Suitable for those wanting to gain strength and definition in legs or arms.
on 2 December 2013
these weights are 5Lb both - when weighted together!! each has half of it! it is not clear on the product description!!
on 28 January 2017
So, I'm recovering from GF and struggling with CF. I used to run regularly but would always struggle with strength. Haven't ran in months with being very poorly. I've always wanted to try some ankle weights so decided to buy these to build my strength while I attempt to get back in to running. And !!!! I wish I got them years ago omg!!! I find videos online to use for exercises and I squirm with the cramp in my bum and legs they really do work and despite still been in recovery I am running further and longer than I have ever ran! The exercises you can do with these weights improve your running performance incredibly! Both are 2.5 but you can up the reps or put two on one ankle. There such a good price and so worth it, I can't get over how much they've helped me and I highly recommend.
on 31 March 2013
These are good quality, however even on the tightest fastening they were still to big for my wrists and slipped onto the top of my hands, which was uncomfortable. I do have quite small wrists, but they arent tiny. They should have beared this in mind seeing as they are made for women. Sent back for a refund.
on 19 July 2016
These arrived very quickly and in good condition. The packet says 5lbs total/ 2.5lbs each. I haven't weighed them yet but they feel a little heavier than 2.5lbs each. Either way very good weights, I wore them on my wrists when running and on my ankles when I walk my dogs. Very effective as I can already feel my muscle toning. Good value for money.
on 11 April 2017
Great bands, definitely fit the ankle but too large for my small wrists. I still use them.
on 4 March 2015
Great weight only trouble being they are a bit loose for the size of my wrists so they move about a bit when I am punching.