VINE VOICEon 24 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As a big fan of Jamie Oliver's cooking I'm double disappointed with this blender - it is not as powerful as one would expect.

PROS

Quality glass jar, having previously blender with plastic jug that after only couple of months of use got all matt and smelly I'm truly happy that this one is made out of glass. It looks also much better than blenders with plastic jugs.

Cute blue cable is not only advantage because of it's aesthetic values but because it stands out among other cables so it is easy to figure out which cable is which... I tend to disconnect all the time wrong devices in the kitchen (including the fridge) as they all have white cables.

Stainless steal blade that crushes everything in no time.

The jug and detachable blade are easy to wash.

Suction cups keep the blender steady on the counter, even on higher speed.

CONS

The motor is not as powerful as I would expect from Philips and Jamie's branded product. I must admit that it blends things properly but it is not so good for mixing purposes, you must use the pulsation mode a lot while stirring in the honey or syrup, otherwise it will stay on the bottom of the jug.
VINE VOICEon 24 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As I spend most of my time in my kitchen I like to have the right equipment to help me. I have been doing a lot of juicing and also healthy cooking -using paelo and raw recipes so a blender is invaluable.
I had my old plastic blender for a while and found it couldn't keep up with my new recipes.

This isn't the greatest looking blender- a bit nanny looking and I would have preferred a black or silver modern design but function wise it holds up.
I really like the glass jar- it really extends the recipes I can make and no more worries of being scolded when blending soup. It is a bit heavier- and although I have arthritis in my wrists I don't have problem lifting it even although it is two litre.
Speed wise it seemed basic- two function's and it only goes up to a 600w -I noticed for near the same price range you can get higher watt power- this is where I think you pay for the Jamie name.
I have howevermade avocado chocolate mouse ( sugar free and yum ) and if you want to make smoothies with frozen fruit this is perfect.

Instruction wise its rubbish but if you have ever used a blender you are fine. Its reasonable to clean and the box is a bit on the large side for storing in a small kitchen.
However it works well- if you have a plastic jug changed to glass it adds so much versatility to your cooking - and I would recommend this as a purchase for any kitchen .
VINE VOICEon 27 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
this blender is both large and quieter than my old one, i no longer need ear muffs to use it. the fact it comes apart to clean and the jug is glass puts it a cut above the others. but how well does it puree and blend?? really well not a lump left in sight and fairly quickly blended. the recipe cards are good as well
on 22 September 2014
I'm very glad I didn't pay the RRP on this, as it feels a bit over-priced even at £40.
Good points: small footprint; good chunky glass jar; good capacity
Bad points: motor makes a horrible high-pitched whine (even on '1' setting) and seems to struggle with relatively easy tasks; not very intuitive to twist the top off and on (no arrows to line up against); not very easy to clean under the blades; cheap plastic lid (feels very flimsy compared to the jar)
It makes smoothies OK, but when I tried to do breadcrumbs in it, I had to feed the bread in very slowly - it just clogged up otherwise.
In short, it's not bad enough to go through the hassle of sending it back, but I wouldn't buy this again.
I wouldn't dare try crushing ice in it - I think the motor would have a heart attack!
on 2 March 2016
Super powerful blender.My last blender broke trying to blend ice, but this one handles it no problem. Nice suction cups on the base to hold it in place. Multi speed setting and pulse setting. Easy to disassemble for cleaning and reassemble. Just feels really solid and robust, and more importantly just blends effortlessly
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a big fan of Jamie Oliver and cook from all of his books, though especially from Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast and Jamie's 15-Minute Meals, so I was delighted to receive this blender for review as I've seen him use it in the TV shows.

Up until now I have only ever had a Kenwood SB055 Smoothie 2GO, Silver, which is great, but I wanted something larger and which I could also use for soups and sauces.

I already have two other Jamie/Oliver Phillips kitchen gadgets that I use extensively - the Philips Jamie Oliver 900w Steamer HD9132/01 with Bain Marie and Flavour Booster and the Philips HR7782/01 Jamie Oliver Food Processor, 1000W, 8 Accessories and 3.4 Litre bowl, so was pleased to have another in the same range as I think their quality is good. If anything this has the feel of a better product as the jug is glass rather than plastic. As ever, the set up information could be better as it consists of diagrams and they are quite small but there is nothing complex about the set up itself. The blender comes with four recipe cards and I decided to use those recipes as my test for this blender:

- Pea and bacon soup - quick and delicious to make on the stove and a matter of minutes in the blender
- Breakfast boost smoothie and super green smoothie - clearly more powerful than my trusty smoothie to go and crunched up ice well too
- 10- veg ragu mix - only problem is having to blend in batches but the upside is enough to freeze for another day
- Batter mix - not yet tested...will come back to report

I was grateful for the large capacity of the blender and for the suction cups on its sturdy base because it doesn't dance around the worktop. Everything except the base can go in the dishwasher but it doesn't take long to wash by hand. Overall, I am very pleased with this blender and have been using it roughly twice a day. Highly recommended.

Pros

+ Powerful (600 watt) blender with a large glass 2L jug (which can take hot liquids), two speed settings and a pulse setting
+ Good design and solid feel with suction cups to stop it dancing about
+ Tie in with Jamie's 15 minute meals will get you keeping this on the work surface
+ Easy to clean and dishwasher proof
+ Will speed up my food prep and make some recipes more accessible

Cons

- Scant set up info - but intuitive to use and see Jamie's explanatory video on the upper left hand corner of this product page

22/3/14
I wanted to check in after using this for a few months to say that I've been getting good use from this blender - the blades are very effective and quick working
I also wanted to warn people that the item list above is for the food processor, not the blender - there are extra blades or dough hook or whatever for this item
on 4 September 2014
This product was unbelievably cheaper than even John Lewis, save almost £30! and is a great blender.

Well constructed, (+ I think the glass jug is far superior to glass, even though a bit heavier) easy to clean and a decent motor.

We are home made soup freaks and it certainly does the job.

So good I bought a 2nd

Delighted

Matt
on 25 September 2014
I bought this because it was 'Jamie Oliver' and Philips. I cannot fault the quality. I bought a second one for my daughter because of that. Only four stars because of the glass jug. It's quite heavy and if dropped it would definitely break - ok so don't drop it, but being a bit of a fumbler I worry about it. I love the fact that it's not going to get scratched though.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a decent quality blender with a proper glass jug, and lovely little details like baby blue cord and plug. Nice 50s retro feel with the curved lines and pastel colourscheme. The capacity is huge, so great for doing family sized batches of soup etc. Suckers on the base mean it stays nicely put on the worktop when in use. It's powerful enough to crush ice - quite a lot of blenders aren't - and very simple to use. Footprint is small, though be aware it's quite tall and thus might not fit on the worktop under your wall-mounted cupboards if the cupboards are hung quite low. Lid has a removeable centre section/stopper so you can feed stuff in whilst it's blending - handy for mayo and similar sauces or emulsions. These are the main pluses.

Instructions are meh, and I didn't really get the point of the loose recipe cards - either supply a proper book or don't bother - individual cards will get grubby, bent or lost. Blades are well made, but I'm always on the lookout for the ones that tip up or down at the ends as I find they are better at catching everything with no need to take the top off and get missed bits with a spoon - this model has straight blades, no bent tips. My biggest gripe with this appliance is that the base is plastic - in this price range some other brands have metal bases and to be honest, if I were paying with my own cold hard cash, I would probably favour stainless steel when spending upward of £75.
on 30 December 2014
Pretty good blender really...
Good points:
-Seems to blend a range of things including soups, smoothies, and shakes reasonably well
-Cleans quite easily
-Sturdy construction
-Not too loud
Bad points:
-Can leave lumps of hard to blend things like frozen bananas
-Smells a bit like burning plastic sometimes, even when it has only been running for about 10 seconds
-I can see the weight of the glass jug might be a problem for some people